Bono was right!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Vertigo needs to be followed by another rock song. Miracle Drug is a great song (one of the best on the record) but it starts too slow and it doesn’t keep the same vibe in my opinion. It’s just a totally different song. All Because Of You sounds really good right after Vertigo and then followed by Love And Peace…. :drool: I really don’t like the way the tracking list is. I don’t listen to the original order, here’s the one I use:

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Crumbs From Your Table
A Man And A Woman
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

To me this way the songs seem to blend in a lot better and it sounds a lot more epic! Please try to use this order and see what you think. :up:

I disagree with a tracklist like that for the simple reason that you're stocking the front with rockers and then the rest of the album is too calm; the intensity of the beginning is never regained.

I totally understand what you mean but listen to it and you will se that it really isn't like that. I mean Crumbs From Your Table is not a slow song, it's quite a rocker and it’s not at the beginning. And truth to be said this album is not filled with rockers like Vertigo and All Because Of You. It has a lot more upbeat songs than usual but that's really it. The more rocking songs aren’t necessarily the ones with the more intensity just because they are more upbeat, like SYCMIOYO for example, it ends with a lot intensity with that climax it has. The same for OOTS. They keep that vibe alive and they aren't big rockers.

To me the original tracklist is not good cause Vertigo was made to be a song that makes you move and shakes you up, after it's over (SPECIALLY because of the way it ends) it really leaves me with the feeling of wanting more or at least having something upbeat (which would be fine too) and not slow like Miracle Drug. I mean it TOTALLY kills the vibe Vertigo leaves you with and you have to adjust to the new song so it doesn't blend in well imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom