Bono Vs Chris Martian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laurel Hill said:

I find Blunt very attractive :love: I'm not much into his songs, though, but his voice is much more tolerable than Martin's.

I thought it was so funny, the other day my brother calls me up, he had no idea how I felt about Coldplay, and he goes "ever hear of this band Coldplay? All the guys at work tell me they're the next U2, but they suck, they sound nothing like U2 and the singer's voice is so whiney it's intolerable and makes the songs impossible to enjoy."

I was like :lmao: because he really didn't know it but I felt exactly the same way! I didn't influence him, he had only rave reviews from his pals but he had the same opinion as me!

You tolerate Blunt more than Martin? God!!!
Martin may be an asshole and his vocal range maybe be so limited that he has to recurr frequently to the falsetto, but Blunt... there's no explanation...
Everytime I listen to James Blunt singing "you're beautiful is true" or "no braaaavery" it seems that someome shot him in his is stomach and he's almost dying... That's what I call a bad singer...

For those that missed it, the episode will be repeated on MTV2 is gonna be repeating tonight at 10:30 PM EST, as well as several times in the coming week:

Monday: 2 AM EST
Tuesday: 11 PM EST
Thursday: 9 PM EST
Friday: 10 AM EST, 4:30 PM EST
Saturday: 12 AM

Or you can watch the first part of the fight at MTV.com:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?lnk=c...NT:ON+TV:Celebrity+Deathmatch+(Ep.+2)#1534392

It cuts off after the first two and a half minutes though, which kind of sucks. But if you really, really wanna know who wins:

*Spoiler*

Highlight: Bono wins!

Aygo said:

Everytime I listen to James Blunt singing "you're beautiful is true" or "no braaaavery" it seems that someome shot him in his is stomach and he's almost dying... That's what I call a bad singer...

:love:

James Blunt's voice sounds like Alanis Morissette on a respirator.

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

bono wins !!!

ps coldplay blows!!

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:
James Blunt's voice sounds like Alanis Morissette on a respirator.

Luke...*hoooo-hawww, hooo-hawww*

you're BEAU-TI-FULLLLLL

you're BEAU-TI-FULLLLLL

Luke: No...that's not true! that's impossible!

hcbiggs2002 said:
Please do tell us who won coz I'll never get to see the show out here in the back of beyond where no one has ever heard of MTV2 (?!?) including yours truely!! :huh:

:wink:
Go back and read my last post more carefully :wink: (Hint, highlight the end of the message.)

Souly said:

I was going for more of a female version of Shakeria.

What's great is that you managed to insult James Blunt and Shakira at the same time! :lol: I always thought she came across as a little manly.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Thanks you guys :hug:

Now that I've seen it....great show...but awful puns! :lmao:

The Unforgettable Fryer was my favorite.

And Chris Martin's dismantling at the end.

How to Dismantle a Hot Air Balloon.

i'm debating whether or not to make an Adam vs (random bassist) thread since this and the Edge/Gilmour one is up. :hmm:

as a joke really :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Don't ya remember my infamous Adam vs. Flea thread, LMP? :macdevil:

ooooh, yeah. :macdevil:

I'll make a Larry vs. Meg White.

just to mess with people then.

LemonMacPhisto said:
i'm debating whether or not to make an Adam vs (random bassist) thread since this and the Edge/Gilmour one is up. :hmm:

as a joke really :wink:

:lol:

To be honest, I thought the Gilmour vs Edge thread was going to be another Celebrity Deathmatch thread. I had visions of Gilmour pulling off Edge's hat and parading it around the ring, followed by Edge pulling up Gilmour's shirt to reveal his corset...

But...but...Gilmour has moobs. :sad:

1973 Gilmour vs. 1989 Pirate Lovetown Edge, now that's a fight.

almost as good as 1991 Flea against 2001 Cardboard Cutout Elevation Adam.

GibsonGirl said:
Bono sounded more Newfoundlander than Irish.

It's like a mix between a St. John's cab driver's accent, and Kevin Spacey trying to sound like a Newfoundlander in The Shipping News.

LemonMacPhisto said:
But...but...Gilmour has moobs. :sad:

1973 Gilmour vs. 1989 Pirate Lovetown Edge, now that's a fight.

almost as good as 1991 Flea against 2001 Cardboard Cutout Elevation Adam.

:lol: You crack me up...that's hilarious!! I just bet I'm going to have a weird nightmare now about Cardboard Cutout Elevation Adam staring at me at the edge of the bed. (This happened with Bert from Sesame Street one time when I was a kid, and it was very traumatizing.)

Look at Adam, all cardboardcutout-like and whatnot.

elevationadam018op.jpg

angelordevil said:
:lol: You crack me up...that's hilarious!! I just bet I'm going to have a weird nightmare now about Cardboard Cutout Elevation Adam staring at me at the edge of the bed. (This happened with Bert from Sesame Street one time when I was a kid, and it was very traumatizing.)

of all of the Sesame Street characters Bert scared you? :lol:

I'm only laughing because he's the angry gay one.

He scares me now. :yikes::wink:

Zootlesque said:
Don't ya remember my infamous Adam vs. Flea thread, LMP? :macdevil:

Adam did have the better afro. ;)

Funnily enough, I heard one of the new songs off Stadium Arcadium on the radio today, and the bass was a bit Clayton-esque actually.

Back
Top Bottom