Bono trashed on MuchMusic - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Bono trashed on MuchMusic

Did anybody watch the special Ed The Sock just had on MuchMusic? Basically it was a program on how celebrities take advantage of the media and are spotlight hoggers. Bono was talked on there and it pisses me off the shit that Ed was talking about. Basically he was saying Bono uses his charity work for Africa and others to promote a new album or a tour. I agree Bono is out and about a whole lot doing charity work and is in the spotlight. Even Bono himself said he's sick of Bono! Bono is doing a wonderful thing and at least he's doing something about it to help people be aware of the situation in Africa and cancel the debt and all that. I can see where Ed is coming from but he's just plain wrong, I think. If anyone in Canada, or anywhere else, can see this program, take a look and you'll be angered by what you hear. Here is a link to explain more about the program. I do realize everyone has an opinion but it just pisses me off when they are missing the point.

http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/specials/smartass/

Old 05-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Promosexuality: A Guide

Being a promosexual is a full-time job - here are a few pointers to get you started on the right foot:

1. Make yourself available to the paparazzi.
There is nothing worse than hiding from the view of the dozens of telephoto lenses trained on your palatial compound. To ensure your constant appearance in the tabloids, every few hours make trips to the mall with barely any clothes on, acne cream still on your face, and eat approximately eight cheeseburgers. This will demonstrate to the populace that you're "just like them".

2. Ensure every feud is played out in public.
Your public loves nothing more than vicariously participating in high-profile celeb feuds. So give them a thrill - ensure your publicist sends out a press release announcing who you're not friends with this week, or simply diss everyone in sight while on Howard Stern. That *always* works.

3. Multi-tasking = multi-millions
Let's say you're a reasonably successful movie star. Don't you want to be MORE successful? Of course you do. Get busy on starting a clothing line, getting a record deal, opening nightclubs and promoting beverages in Japan. The sky's the limit!

4. Speak loudly, carry a small schtick
Talk yourself up to anyone who'll listen. Use props, like a megaphone or a Prime Minister. Develop a little soft-shoe routine. When all else fails, arrange a wardrobe malfunction. As the old saying goes, a little nipple goes a long way.

5. Get spiritual
Since time immemorial, celebs have flocked to fashionable spiritual pursuits - so you should too. It doesn't matter much whether they involve aliens, strings or secret societies - but remember to let everyone know what you're up to. You never know when it will lead to eternal salvation or just a really bitchin' collaboration on your next single.

That's it! Remember, when you get famous, forget the little people who helped you get where you are!

Old 05-08-2005, 02:16 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Haven't MuchMusic been U2 tour sponsors on their 1992/1997/2001(?)/2005(?) tours?

The Much name is even on the Canadian Popmart ticket stubs.

U2FP
Old 05-08-2005, 03:23 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 01:56 AM
This is worse than the time Triumph the Insult Comment Dog compared Coldplay to U2 in that song of his.

Death to all sock puppets

Old 05-08-2005, 03:25 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Beli I you!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:56 PM
I wish Bono showed a little more nipple now and then.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:26 AM
I must say I love Ed the Sock's Fromage shows every year which Britney Spears and rap artists usually dominate.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Ed The sock trashes everyone, it's what he does. No one takes a sock puppet seriously.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #9
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Personally, I would consider it 'an honour' if Ed the Sock ever trashed me

Frommage awards
Old 05-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
the funny thing about it was all of his facts were wrong or distorted.. there was one about a member of the US govt who bono was working with to get a bill passed (jesse something?)... anyways ed quoted a lot of thing that the guy said which were anti-third world, but if you know anything about this guys story with bono, bono made him think a different way about things, including aids, and thats why he agreed to help bono

anyways this guy seemed like a bitter fan... its natural, with any sort of sequel to an original work, if there are "expectations", usually people paint the picture in their own mind, and if the pieces don't fit, they get mad
Old 05-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
War Child

Ed The Sock just turned everything around on Bono and that's what pissed me off. Then again, it is MuchMusic which is absolute crap.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by myusernamehere
This is worse than the time Triumph the Insult Comment Dog compared Coldplay to U2 in that song of his.
i took that as a compliment.

"Coldplay, you should be called coldsore.
Back when you were u2, I loved you so much more."

thought it was funny.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #13
Refugee

if george strombopolous was still there i doubt they'd do something like that
Old 05-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000
if george strombopolous was still there i doubt they'd do something like that
george strombolopolous

i pretty much stopped watching muchmusic after he left.

and ed the sock, he's hilarious! i mean, come on! he's a SOCK!!!
a sock that smokes CIGARS!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Hopefully Eminem will beat up that stupid sock puppet!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:56 AM
IMO, people are too picky.. I mean, if someone keeps all the money for himself, they complain because of that, if someone gives it into charity, they say it's just for promotion... can't they just accept that some peoople actually ENJOY doing good?? People and their constant ambition of looking for bad iontentions in everyone... fu*ck them I say, that Ed is the only one who's trying to sell!!!

On the other hand, trying to make ur album popular is not a bad thing.. at all!! I just hate the fact that that Ed guy distorts good things to make them bad... that must be a really BAD thing about being a celebrity. So u have money cause u earned it, no one gave it to u, and u are cool with that and not show off or treat other people badly because of that... in fact, u help them.. What's the wrong in that???
Old 05-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I wish Bono showed a little more nipple now and then.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by VicksSs
IMO, people are too picky.. I mean, if someone keeps all the money for himself, they complain because of that, if someone gives it into charity, they say it's just for promotion... can't they just accept that some peoople actually ENJOY doing good?? People and their constant ambition of looking for bad iontentions in everyone... fu*ck them I say, that Ed is the only one who's trying to sell!!!

On the other hand, trying to make ur album popular is not a bad thing.. at all!! I just hate the fact that that Ed guy distorts good things to make them bad... that must be a really BAD thing about being a celebrity. So u have money cause u earned it, no one gave it to u, and u are cool with that and not show off or treat other people badly because of that... in fact, u help them.. What's the wrong in that???
...All this commotion over a sock.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:36 AM   #19
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR

i took that as a compliment.

"Coldplay, you should be called coldsore.
Back when you were u2, I loved you so much more."

thought it was funny.
I think you missed my point.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24

...All this commotion over a sock.
Yeah.. hahaha, I really got very carried away.. nevertheless, I still think like that, and after thinking like that, I came to the conclusion that... socks are bad!!! Not wearing them anymore!!!