Bono Talking Doll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
While I don't agree with the post about not caring about U2 anymore. I cringe everytime I see an article that quotes bono. I know there is only about 20 different bonocliches that might be in there. I have stopped reading anything that he says about the new album cause it just makes me a little biased towards it cause he says the same things over and over again. Don't get me wrong I cannot wait for the new album, but Bono please shut up unless you are singing or talking to a politician.

Do any of you guys feel this way?

It's Bono overload and overexposure of the avid fan. I say the only reason people here think he is cliche and repeating himself is because all you guys are constantly reading everything on him and looking for every little Bono tidbit. The average person wouldn't even notice. The reason he says the same things over and over is because in most cases he's speaking to a different audience and he thinks his points need to be heard by more people. I don't mean it's a bad thing to hang on his every move, I'm guilty myself, but please understand that if you do it will all sound like repeats to you so don't blame they guy.

Last edited:
It's like on the tour, the same people would go to 20 or more shows, then bitch about the setlists being mostly the same! Well, U2 plays every show like it's the only one a fan will see on that tour because in most cases it will be. If you are lucky and loaded enough to see multiple shows take that into consideration:)

U2Kitten said:
It's Bono overload and overexposure of the avid fan. I say the only reason people here think he is cliche and repeating himself is because all you guys are constantly reading everything on him and looking for every little Bono tidbit. The average person wouldn't even notice.

I totally agree. I was getting tired of hearing Bono use that "Holding watering cans while an entire continent bursts into flames" analogy, but it is a good analogy and most people are maybe only reading one interview with Bono, not a dozen.

Like Kitten said, OBVIOUSLY if you're reading every article on Bono, they're gonna sound the same. He can't say something new or profound for EVERY time someone sticks a mic in his face for five minutes. Your post makes it sound like you want Bono to be like a lot of rude celebrities and start shoving reporters aside or refuse interviews that would be educational to a non-U2 fan audience. That sounds like a pretty selfish request to me. It would be like complaining that there's too much news on the war in Iraq and all the different news associations and newpapers should stop publishing articles with the same info. If you're sick of hearing the same things, then stop reading news on Bono or watching him on the news. It's that simple.

(btw, I'm also from Grand Rapids :wave:)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Like Kitten said, OBVIOUSLY if you're reading every article on Bono, they're gonna sound the same. He can't say something new or profound for EVERY time someone sticks a mic in his face for five minutes. Your post makes it sound like you want Bono to be like a lot of rude celebrities and start shoving reporters aside or refuse interviews that would be educational to a non-U2 fan audience. That sounds like a pretty selfish request to me. It would be like complaining that there's too much news on the war in Iraq and all the different news associations and newpapers should stop publishing articles with the same info. If you're sick of hearing the same things, then stop reading news on Bono or watching him on the news. It's that simple.

Well said, both to you and U2Kitten.

I'm not gonna complain about Bono repeating himself, 'cause I've been known to do that quite often, so...:p.

Besides, considering that the Bush administration still doesn't seem to be catching on to this stuff he says, he figures the more he stresses this stuff to the American people, then the more willing a lot of them will be to write to the Bush administration and stuff and knock some sense into their heads. And if that means repeating himself...:shrug:.

Angela

no worries, Kennerado:

335%3A5%3B5523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323275%3B%3B%3B294ot1lsi

yeah it's annoying. because obviously as u2kitten said he will say the same things, but as a fan it's hard not to read everything, and anoying when it's just the same stuff over again.

oh well. no way out I guess.

SkeeK said:
yeah it's annoying. because obviously as u2kitten said he will say the same things, but as a fan it's hard not to read everything, and anoying when it's just the same stuff over again.

:yes: the problem is that people mistake Bono for being annoying, not the fact that they're reading the same things over and over.....

Do we really want to hear him, or what some speechwriter wrote for him? When I hear a phrase repeated it reminds me that the words are his, not something written by a second party.

I think all of you have a good point about U2 fans being overexposed. I certainly felt that way during the tour. But now, I rarely come here, I do not look for U2 news at all. I only read what I come upon by happenstance (just as any non U2 fan would) and I am still irritated with him. Of course that is a relative term because I am still a huge fan, but come on, I speak publicly all the time really only about 4 different subjects and I am not as cliche as he is. Just think that he could do better.

By the way does anyone have any info on when the new album is going to be released?

Back
Top Bottom