Bono supports the IRA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ti-hua

War Child
So I was listening to a NYC radio station this morning and someone called in asking about when U2 tix went on sale. The call went something like this:

Caller: Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me when U2 tickest go on sale?

DJ: (Rambles off some date)

Caller: Great! I'm really curious about what Bono's going to say about everything that's happened since he supports the IRA.

DJ: What?

Caller: Bono supports the IRA.

The DJ then ended the call abruptly and went right into Electic Co.

Bono supports the IRA?! I almost choked on my Cherrios!

Originally posted by ti-hua:
So I was listening to a NYC radio station this morning and someone called in asking about when U2 tix went on sale. The call went something like this:

Caller: Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me when U2 tickest go on sale?

DJ: (Rambles off some date)

Caller: Great! I'm really curious about what Bono's going to say about everything that's happened since he supports the IRA.

DJ: What?

Caller: Bono supports the IRA.

The DJ then ended the call abruptly and went right into Electic Co.

Bono supports the IRA?! I almost choked on my Cherrios!

Not quite. Try this quote from Into the Heart:

"As much as I'm a Republican, I'm not a very territorial person...I'd love to see a united Ireland but I don't believe you can put a gun to someone's head to make him see your way."

I know he doesn't support the IRA but I couldn't believe they even put that caller on the air!

Any by the way, I meant to say Cheerios not Cherrios - which I actually think are pretty gross anyway.

I heard that on my way to work this morning and couldn't believe it either! Bono is definitely ANTI-IRA. The DJ actually said something like "oh yeah" after the caller said Bono was pro-IRA! I just sent an email to the DJ, so maybe she'll correct the error tomorrow. I'm sure Bono would be appalled to hear people saying he supports terrorists. By the way, it was on WLIR in NY.

Bono supports the IRA?
biggrin.gif
Fuckiing right! And Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams are The Pope and Mother Theresa in disguise!
rolleyes.gif

If you are that in the dark, or just came back from the moon, watch SBS on R&H, oh SBS=Sunday Bloody Sunday, and R&H= Rattle and Hum for all you U2 moon fans
smile.gif

The original lyrics of Sunday Bloody Sunday contained a line something like "don't wanna hear about the IRA" but Bono took them out because he didn't want to make the song specifically political. It was an anti-IRA line, at any rate.

------------------
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

-W.B. Yeats

Back
Top Bottom