Bono spoof on The Daily Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
tonight's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart had a funny spoof on Bono!

I don't want to give it away, but it was about:

World Bank
R&RHOF induction
Edun

and it was pretty damn funny!

They introduced it as a potentially recurring piece...a regular "This week in Bono News" kind of thing.

Which is kind of ack. Every now and then's ok (i.e. SNL) but hate to see the B man become regular comedic fodder, when there are so many whackadoos who deserve it more.

i think its hilarious, Bono is in the news SO OO much hes bound to get targeted by comedy shows.

especially the daily show, jon stewart is a big fan of u2.

RademR said:

Yeah, it was all in good fun. The Daily Show makes fun of just about everyone - even Jon himself on almost every show. *G*

Last edited:
RademR said:
i think its hilarious, Bono is in the news SO OO much hes bound to get targeted by comedy shows.

Especially lately, this really had been the week of Bono news :lol:

And if Jon makes fun, it's okay, because like you said he's a fan (plus he's adorable and funny :cute: ). I'm still laughing about the king tut report earlier this week. :lol:

I like how they had some guy sing "Le-mon!" during the little title page of the piece. I was laughing so hard. And props for them making reference to 'the country of Zooropa.'

Tanzania! Are you ready to get portable water!?!

rofl

-Miggy

Its going to be on again tonight at 11:30. They repeat the shows the next day

I liked the "Send Us Medicine" part

Oh s***, I can't wait to see this (on repeat). Something else was going on last night and I missed the first part of the show. damn! I knew I had missed something to do with U2.
Love this show, but I don't think they repeat on Fridays, so I'll have to wait till Monday!! (I think) Oh well, something to look forward too!!:wink:

sue4u2 said:
Oh s***, I can't wait to see this (on repeat). Something else was going on last night and I missed the first part of the show. damn! I knew I had missed something to do with U2.
Love this show, but I don't think they repeat on Fridays, so I'll have to wait till Monday!! (I think) Oh well, something to look forward too!!:wink:

It usually repeats at 7 p.m. (they just showed the Bono part again from last night). You're an hour behind me, so it should be coming up for you.

"Helloooooooooo Tanzania!!!" :lol:

Thank's Kelly!! I switched over and caught it. :up:
I had company and couldn't even pay attention to her (my sister)
But she understood because she really understands my Love for this band..:sexywink: She knew when I ran to grab the remote what was going on :wink:

Miggy D said:
I like how they had some guy sing "Le-mon!" during the little title page of the piece. I was laughing so hard. And props for them making reference to 'the country of Zooropa.'

Yeah, the Lemon thing almost made me spit my Pepsi all over the TV screen! LOL! Methinks there are a few pretty big U2 fans over at the Daily Show - there's no way they would make the Lemon and Zooropa references without being a fan of some sort. *G*

The one night I don't watch The Daily Show and they do a Bono piece!!! :mad:

Thanks for the link. My eyes teared up, I was laughing so hard. :lol:

Hilarious!

I don't watch the Daily Show much but this one was funny.

Leno did a version of Vertigo as the Edge in one of his Jaywalking segments. That was funny.

Leno called Joe Cocker to sing U2's One, and he did a heart-attack version. That was even funnier.

But this Daily Show bit takes the cake. It is the funniest of them all.

I wonder why U2 are now the subject of all funny jokes. Well at least they are good jokes and far from the Michael Jackson jokes we always hear.

Cheers,

J

That was :censored: funny! Thanks for posting a link to the vid. I don't have cable so that really came in handy! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom