bono / speeches ™

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono's speeches are mundane and pedestrian, he hardly transcends the third thoughtplane at all and besides, what dredgery of existence must we partake in order to suffer the illusory mendacity of reality? he never answers this clearly. leave the thoughtsphere explorations for true mindbeings.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Internet?

i don't know anybody who uses the internet on their phone to pay bills.

all i'm saying is to me, it doesn't make logistical sense. first of all what is a gas bill? i don't get a gas bill that comes in the mail regularly from sheetz. i pay my gas with my debit card or cash. it is a charge, just like going to the liquor store. i don't get a liquor bill for buying liquor at a store.

now, i know you can call the electric company or somebody to pay one of THOSE bills. but i've never had a GAS bill to pay, nor do i think they exist.

i'm just trying to either a) find out how it is possible to pay a GAS BILL (which i'm not convinced exists) on the phone b) discover that bono was probably talking out of his ass and just trying to come up with a list of things to pay

Okay, this thread is getting clearly derailed now, but I just want to say that I am getting a gas bill every three months to pay and yes, I can pay it via internet.

unico said:

i don't know anybody who uses the internet on their phone to pay bills.

all i'm saying is to me, it doesn't make logistical sense. first of all what is a gas bill? i don't get a gas bill that comes in the mail regularly from sheetz. i pay my gas with my debit card or cash.

now, i know you can call the electric company or somebody to pay one of THOSE bills. but i've never had a GAS bill to pay, nor do i think they exist.

Plenty of people still use gas to heat their homes, therefore people still have gas bills. And yes many people use the internet on their phones to pay bills. My friend is attached to his phone and hasn't touch a "real" computer in months.

i'm sure you can pay anything via telephone and a credit card nowadays.

as regards to the quote saying
the best bono speech is none at all

while this may be true
we all know he is going to give a speech
about something
somewhere along the line in the concert

whether it be about keeping it real and no bullshit for you/us (popmart)

the song
about letting go of somebody
you dont want to let go of
(kite)
or thanks for spending hard earned
on rock show (one)
-elevation

or miracle drug's unicorn typist,
africa africa africa

or the little suicide speech/dedication before 12/4's stuck

he will speak

and i was just curious as to everybodys
favorite bono speeches

from this past tour.

I love Bono's speeches, not all of them the same, but to me, Bono wouldn't be Bono and U2 wouldn't be U2 without these speeches - or "ramblings" as some say.

CrownVCJ said:
bono's speeches are mundane and pedestrian, he hardly transcends the third thoughtplane at all and besides, what dredgery of existence must we partake in order to suffer the illusory mendacity of reality? he never answers this clearly. leave the thoughtsphere explorations for true mindbeings.

clearly you haven't heard the Bono speech where he goes "It's alright to be arty now and then you know...if you put a p on that you get party! That's kinda cool."

that's what you'd call "sucient genius" ))>.bonoismorevisionarythanyouknowdonotjudgemeremortalxx{

1) natural gas is the preferred mode of home heating in the United States west of the Hudson. It is not as widespread on the east coast and in the mid-Atlantic because of geography (i.e. mountains and coastline) but out in the flatlines, we love our natural gas! Clean burning and efficient, especially compared with heating oil or coal-fired power.

2) You can easily pay a gas bill over the phone or on the internet on the phone, or Blackberry. Just go to your browser.

3) Is this whole discussion getting on anyone else's nerves?

Bono is Irish. Natural gas is used in Britain & Ireland to heat many people's homes.
Bono undoubtedly makes cultural or social references which apply more to those countries than the USA, Europe, whatever.

Note: There are more countries than the USA in this world!

In Japan (and other parts of Asia) you can use cell phones to pay for anything by just swiping them over a receiver at the store. The item cost is then added to your cell phone bill. Perhaps Bono meant something along those lines.

thelaj said:
Bono is Irish. Natural gas is used in Britain & Ireland to heat many people's homes.
Bono undoubtedly makes cultural or social references which apply more to those countries than the USA, Europe, whatever.

Note: There are more countries than the USA in this world!

look there's no need to get sassy here. i'm quite aware of the global community and besides that i don't need to prove myself to you. so you can keep your insults. maybe you should note that when i'm asking for an understanding of something all i need is clarification, and not to be treated like a simpleton. so chill.

i'm so sick and tired of people assuming that americans are so ignorant to the world around them. that was unnecessary. all i did was ask a question.

that being said now i understand. i said electric co and didn't even think of gas heating. even though they both serve the same purpose. now it all makes sense. whenever he said that i thought gas as in gas that goes in my car. simple misunderstanding. sheesh.

i would ask that this thread get back on topic but there's not really a topic in the first place. like bonochick said in the previous thread, interference is not your personal playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom