Bono speaks in DC today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Bono, lead singer of the rock group U2, speaks at a news conference in Washington, September 16, 2003. Bono joined representatives from several U.S. religious groups to urge President Bush and Congress to keep America's promise to Africa by fully funding AIDS and anti-poverty initiatives in the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill. REUTERS/Hyungwon Kang

1063734567.2550546548.jpg

1063735476.2349244531.jpg

1063734685.2416353403.jpg

capt.sge.fud31.160903191914.photo00.default-259x395.jpg

capt.sge.fud72.160903192144.photo00.default-278x377.jpg

capt.1063740659.people_bono_wx120.jpg

Entertainer Bono, right, meets reporters in Washington, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2003, where he joined leaders from some of America's largest religious groups to call on President Bush and Congress to to keep America's promise to Africa by fully funding AIDS and anti-poverty initiatives in the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill. At left is Agnes Nyamayarwo a nurse from Uganda whose husband and two sons died of AIDS. (AP Photo/Matthew Cavanaugh)

capt.1063740973.people_bono_wx119.jpg

Entertainer Bono, right, meets reporters in Washington, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2003, where he joined leaders from some of America's largest religious groups today to call on President Bush and Congress to keep America's promise to Africa by fully funding AIDS and anti-poverty initiatives in the Foreign Operations Appropriations bill. Bishop John Ricard of Pensacola, Fla., chairman, International Policy Committee, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops looks on at left. (AP Photo/Matthew Cavanaugh)

Long hair on the back plus short hair on the sides equals mullet, no?

These folks look to be wrestling with the same question I was.
capt.1063740659.people_bono_wx120.jpg

capt.1063740973.people_bono_wx119.jpg

Oh come on, here's this gorgeous guy, and he's saving the world, and our band's singer meets with high ups, and all you can do is make cheesy mullet jokes? I LOVE his hair. He looks a lot better with longer hair, it makes his face look cuter. He looked much older with it all cut off like in VH1-Legends. His hair isn't real short on the sides and top, it's SLICKED BACK! And for the record, a mullet is a very extreme long and short do, like this:
posterbonolivemullet.jpg

and for the record, I LOVED his mullet :love: But the only real one he's ever had is 84-85.

MrBrau, I'm not sure if it's slicked back or not. This one looks pretty mullet-y to me.

capt.sge.fud31.160903191914.photo00.default-259x395.jpg

U2Kitten, you're right, I'm sorry I came into your thread and did nothing but comment on someone's physical appearance. I don't know what came over me.

You know most people have some layers of various lengths in their hair. That doesn't mean it's a mullet. As I posted, the UF pic is an example of a real mullet. Other hairstyles are just layered cuts. It gets really old when people try to say every hairstyle that isn't cut all the way off in back is a mullet, that is so lame, and the joke should have more than run its course by now:sigh: It never was funny.

Bono's hair looks nice. Bono is doing an important job and he's a very special person. We should admire him very much for it, in addition to his great music:)

Nice mullet:
bonoufpants.jpg
:heart:

From now on I'll keep my Bono pics on PLEBA where they'll be appreciated. :grumpy: I only thought you non-PLEBANS might be interested in this since we don't have a news person anymore.

Thanks for posting pix! He looks great. Love the red hair!

You can now view the press conference in streaming video:

http://www.kaisernetwork.org/health_cast/hcast_index.cfm?display=detail&hc=976

Bono did some *very* passionate talking...He's starting to get a little angry, it seems. He talked to the President again this morning -- says he had a "row" with him but I think he was kind of exaggerating. ;) But still, there is a certain air about him during this press conference...His demeanor is kind of subdued, so much so that one of the reporters asks him about his state of mind.

Also of note, he did indeed manage to make use of the word "arse" in his speech. <g>

No seriously -- He did really do a great job and his passion is just so moving. All the other speakers all did a great job as well...check it out.

ThatGuy said:
Long hair on the back plus short hair on the sides equals mullet, no?
[/IMG]

It's not short on the sides, it's just pushed back. Also, to be a mullet it has to be short on top.

It's shaggy, but it's not a mullet.

He really shouldn't do the whole shades thing at his activist gig.

typhoon said:
He really shouldn't do the whole shades thing at his activist gig.

Holy cats, for a second there I thought I was back in PLEBA...anyway, I agree with the above. I prefer Bono's eyes. Though I have no doubts Bono is sincere in everything he does, being able to see his emotions and reactions in his eyes make him even more genuine.

I hope Steve Garber did a good job convincing Bono to come to my college while they met in DC.... *crosses fingers* I've already called dibs on picking him up from the airport and taking him out to lunch!

It's Not A Mullet

It's just slicked back on the sides- look. There is no way that is a mullet. He has been quoted in saying he hated the 80's mullet. He actually looks like he is going for the "Joshua Tree" look- where the hair is the same length all over. It might be pony-tail time soon.

Back
Top Bottom