Bono, SNL, and sexual harassment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:
I just rewatched the IWF on SNL - trust me, that woman is NOT sueing!

She was loving every moment. The brief second she appeared to be under duress (where she made that awkward face) was when Bono walked away and she had to scoot herself back up in her chair. Otherwise, she had her face against his body and was hugging and smiling the entire time. :yes: And I would argue that most women in that position would do the same. ;)

I agree w/ you Doc...But it doesnt surprise me that there is always someone out there that has to flip the coin and find it tainted...That girl/woman certainly did'nt look bothered but surprised/shocked in a very positive way...
I just wish she was some one that can tell us what she really felt and not have so many negative people speculate what they don't know or who just want to make a case out of this...

shart1780 said:
She looked to be enjoying herself to me. I just wish Bono wouldn't do that kind of stuff. I always thought of him as more sexually charming than over the top (not that I'm attracted to him. I don't swing that way).

I don't know. I just never liked it when he did that kind of stuff.

Well then you might have to do a bit of homework...Sure Bono is sexually charming...but he can also be shamelessly sexual!!:macdevil: ....I love him for not holding back and doing what he wants!....

So where is the sign up sheet for a Bono lap dance?? SIGN ME ON!!!:sexywink:

I can't believe people are seriously debating this, I thought this thread was a joke!

Bono performed three songs and I'm sure he noticed that SHE was particularly enjoying the music (ie she was dancing and clapping a tad more than the people around her)

Bono jumps her, she grabs his ass, and as he gets off her she has a look of SHOCK on her (i agree with this part).

As soon as it was done (and I had finished cursing about not hearing the rest of All Because Of You) I rewound it and freezed-framed the look on her face:

IT WAS PURE EXTACY!!! (and she has a big smile!)

The initial look of shock was EXACTLY THAT: shock! "did that just happen? OMG that was unreal!!!" then she just has a smirk on her face.

As soon as I figure out how to post a photo, I'll show you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: i really can't believe this thread is still going strong - as I said before Chill Out. Bono does this sort of thing and I love him for it. Just hoping it's me who gets this treatment when they tour next year.:)

Maybe she could sue for pain and innjury endured with a fully grown man on her lap/ legs... painful stuff.

Seriously, Bono is so cool. The lap dance was over the top and awesome. I feel so inspired that the next time I go to Borders, I'll do a lapdance to the song being played in the store, on the first woman I see (preferrably a hot one).

Flying FuManchu said:
Maybe she could sue for pain and innjury endured with a fully grown man on her lap/ legs... painful stuff.

Oh come on she looks healthy and sturdy!..I doubt Bono would have chosen a thinner fragile female for his lap dance!..Plus had it been me! pain and injury would be the LAST thing on MY mind:macdevil: ....

By the way, What Borders do you frequent?..heh, heh!:sexywink:

Last edited:
Memphis??..WOO HOO! Long way from California...how bout some November California Sunshine??...up for it??:wink: Oh and bring you D&G shades and a straw hat*wink, wink*

Oh and Bono has more class than that!..I doubt that he would jump on the first person when he hears a U2 song being played...
*Well I guess it would be ok if that person was me:wink: ..
Just for the record Bono-You need no premission from me!.Surprise me B-man!:macdevil:

Sherry Darling said:
So :waves:

As a public service, I am going to help Bono out and begin a list of female fans (and hell, gents feel free to sign up too if that's yer thing) who officially Would Not Mind At All if Bono offered a roll/dance/hand nibble/lap dance. :drool: :combust:
We can forward this to u2.com and get specially colored GA wrist bands so he'll know who thinks he's a sexy mofo :D

The List (as I could tell from this thread)
Sherry Darling
U2 Kitten
Stars
DIGSY!!!!!
:p

SD

put me on the list please please please! :lol:

/off topic

bathiu said:
wow... U.S. is real a :censored: place if this kind of topic is created... please tell me, you have blood, drugs, violence, realy crazy reality shows... but if you show a "part of your body" or move like Bono did... there is this kind of issue in seconds, why?

Everyone sick of it, move to Europe;)

America thinks violence is okay, but anything to do with sex is not. (Because.. obviously.. sex is so much scarier and harmful than violence, right?) Watch any advert for CSI or any other popular show and you see bloodied, beaten people or explosions. Yet if a woman's breast is shown for two seconds, the whole country implodes.

:shrug: :rolleyes:

Re: /off topic

oliveu2cm said:

America thinks violence is okay, but anything to do with sex is not. (Because.. obviously.. sex is so much scarier and harmful than violence, right?) Watch any advert for CSI or any other popular show and you see bloodied, beaten people or explosions. Yet if a woman's breast is shown for two seconds, the whole country implodes.

:shrug: :rolleyes:

America doesn't think violence is okay, some Americans do. I don't believe most of us think sex is scarier either. It's more a case of the squeakier wheel getting greased.

I'll probably get blasted for this, but I'll state my opinion anyway.

As a Christian, this type of behavior from Bono bothers me simply because he shares in the faith. I realize that it's not very popular these days, but the Bible (yes, the New Testament, in fact) lays out certain standards that Christians are to base their lives/behavior on. One of these is to avoid lewd behavior. And I'm no legalist - I'm far from it. I'm a grace man, all the way; I know that nothing I can do, no good deeds, can earn favor with God - favor with God is only received as a free gift when I believe upon Jesus and his sacrifice at the cross. But being a "grace man" doesn't mean that there aren't certain standards for me to live by. I want to live by these standards not because I believe they'll somehow earn me favor with God, but because I want to be in his will. I want to live the way God wants me to.

When I see someone act this way, I always think "what a Jerk". I don't consider Bono to be a jerk, so it's a bit disappointing to see him act like one.

Last edited:
She looked happy to me from the picture on page 1.
Case closed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The silly season has started apparently.

80sU2isBest said:
I'll probably get blasted for this, but I'll state my opinion anyway.

As a Christian, this type of behavior from Bono bothers me simply because he shares in the faith. I realize that it's not very popular these days, but the Bible (yes, the New Testament, in fact) lays out certain standards that Christians are to base their lives/behavior on. One of these is to avoid lewd behavior. And I'm no legalist - I'm far from it. I'm a grace man, all the way; I know that nothing I can do, no good deeds, can earn favor with God - favor with God is only received as a free gift when I believe upon Jesus and his sacrifice at the cross. But being a "grace man" doesn't mean that there aren't certain standards for me to live by. I want to live by these standards not because I believe they'll somehow earn me favor with God, but because I want to be in his will. I want to live the way God wants me to.

When I see someone act this way, I always think "what a Jerk". I don't consider Bono to be a jerk, so it's a bit disappointing to see him act like one.

i totally agree with you except for one thing, bono didn't mean to make a humping action, he just kinda wanted to get into the crowd somehow by getting on her lap, but then she pressed bono against her face, and as soon as that happened bono got off

bcrt2000 said:
bono didn't mean to make a humping action, he just kinda wanted to get into the crowd somehow by getting on her lap, but then she pressed bono against her face, and as soon as that happened bono got off

Oh, I'll bet he did! :sexywink:

Last edited:
Anyone notice that girl was the same one who earlier in the song got run over by the camera dolly? (2:29) Bono was just making sure she was ok. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm not blasting at all...BUT we have to remember that Bono does not want to be a posterchild for a Christian musician. He is very humble about his faith and he always is sure to point out that he doesn't want to label himself outright as a Christian but that he tries hard to be one. In some ways, I find that to be much more admirable and Christianlike....

What he did was not something intended to be offensive. Bono responds to crowds and tries to connect and reach out....jumping into the woman's lap was playful and yes, it was a bit flirty but nothing with lewd or malicious intent--he can't control how people respond to his playfulness. I'm so surprised how this has become an "issue"...the SNL performance was arguablly one of the best SNL has ever had, I have never seen audience or cast reactions like I did and it was exhilirating to watch.

starsgoblue said:
I'm not blasting at all...BUT we have to remember that Bono does not want to be a posterchild for a Christian musician. He is very humble about his faith and he always is sure to point out that he doesn't want to label himself outright as a Christian but that he tries hard to be one. In some ways, I find that to be much more admirable and Christianlike....

What he did was not something intended to be offensive.

I don't want to be a "poster child" for Christianity, either. People should look to Christ and God's Word for role models. But I do want to live and behave the way God wants me to.

Bono may say that he "tries hard" to be a Christian, but the truth is that he is one; it doesn't have anything to do with how hard he tries. One doesn't become a Christian by "being good". Salvation is a free gift. One becomes a Christian by accepting Christ as Savior. Simple as that. The good works and good behavior come when people let the Holy Spirit take control. The Bible says that certain things are the fruit of the spirit, and certain things are of the world. There are standards.

Bono may not have meant to be offensive, but if he wouldn't have got in her lap, none of the other would have happened. Especially as a married man, he needs to be more careful about the situations he lets himself get into.

Notice that I'm not condemning Bono. As I said in my first post, I'm disappointed in this. That's because I know he is a man of great faith.

I'm also not saying I'm perfect, so I can't judge him. But based on the Word, I can say that I don't believe this is something he should do. At times when I have behaved in an improper fashion, people have told me, and I appreciate it. I want to know if I am having a negative spiritual impact.

Back
Top Bottom