Bono, SNL, and sexual harassment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is crazy. I've personally seen Bono do worse at a concert! He's practally humped a girl while laying on top of her at a ZooTv concert I went to!

I'm not hearing a big stink, just some worried fans concerned about the kind of trouble Bono could get into in today's world pulling stunts like that. Just imagine if that girl turned out to be a trial layer......yikes!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
jay canseco said:
I'm not hearing a big stink, just some worried fans concerned about the kind of trouble Bono could get into in today's world pulling stunts like that. Just imaging if that girl turned out to be a trial layer......yikes!!!!!!!!

You're right...I guess I'm just surprised that people are shocked by what he did when he's known for um..."getting close" to female audience members :wink:

I just hope whoever that woman turns out to be, she has a good sense of humor!

wow... U.S. is real a place if this kind of topic is created... please tell me, you have blood, drugs, violence, realy crazy reality shows... but if you show a "part of your body" or move like Bono did... there is this kind of issue in seconds, why?

Everyone sick of it, move to Europe

I was thinking the same thing myself, it is sad really.

Europe is a big place, you know, America is a country right? Europe is a continent. It's comparing a city to the universe, it doesn't make much sense. So please, tell us, where in the perfect land of Europe shall we reside? Russia? Impoverished heroin capital of the world? Oh yes, much better there. You need to be more specific before you boast - or else you include everything you never wanted to.
Plus, because someone on a U2 fansite mentions something on a message board, and it's a call to leave a country? So no says anything ridiculous on message boards in Britain or Germany? Nice to know, how to do you do it, you know, make sure no one posts anything embarrassingly inane, do you not let them through government control? Just wondering, since you seem to make a great generalization about America over one post - a very intelligent way to make sweeping comments about any country, just see what someone has said on the internet.
Nothing more charming than Europe's biggest export - Snobs and political know-it-alls.

By the way, that U2 performance was incredible, I will follow ended the show on an ecstatic note - even though we missed another amazing impassioned performance because the network cut us off. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own sounded awesome live! Good sign for the tour to come!

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

I haven't rewatched my tape of the SNL performance yet, but it seems to me that the girl was very happy with the lap dance. Bono WAS taking a risk though - just because a woman is in the front row at a U2 show doesn't necessarily mean she is willing to have that happen to her - especially on national TV! Then again, he's done this kind of thing at concerts and has never gotten into trouble, so I assume he's real good at reading people's expressions and body language to see what they are comfortable with.

i was wondering if he'd be in the doghouse with Ali, but apparently not by the reaction from that one fan who met them afterwards.

BTW, I love all the interference women who get turned on and worked up by U2. Is that bad?:sexywink: I really wish some of you single ones were in the NY area...

So :waves:

As a public service, I am going to help Bono out and begin a list of female fans (and hell, gents feel free to sign up too if that's yer thing) who officially Would Not Mind At All if Bono offered a roll/dance/hand nibble/lap dance. :drool: :combust:
We can forward this to u2.com and get specially colored GA wrist bands so he'll know who thinks he's a sexy mofo :D

The List (as I could tell from this thread)
Sherry Darling
U2 Kitten
Stars
Your Name Here

:p

SD

Sherry Darling said:

As a public service, I am going to help Bono out and begin a list of female fans (and hell, gents feel free to sign up too if that's yer thing) who officially Would Not Mind At All if Bono offered a roll/dance/hand nibble/lap dance. :drool: :combust:
We can forward this to u2.com and get specially colored GA wrist bands so he'll know who thinks he's a sexy mofo :D

Sherry Darling
U2 Kitten
Stars
Your Name Here

SD

*raises hand!!

ME, ME, ME!!!!

Sherry Darling said:

Sherry Darling
U2 Kitten
Stars
BLS

SD

Fabulous idea! :hyper:

Okay, what the hell? She didn't look displeased at all! I thought she was initially when I saw it on TV for the first time, but after watching it again on video, you can clearly see that she's enjoying it. In fact, this is her expression right after Bono got off her:

thegirl.jpg

And here's a clip of the section:

http://www.flickerandfade.org/images/snl/iwillfollow.wmv

(Windows Media format - works on Winamp)

indigo tree said:

Heck yeah. At least we know our B isn't like that.:hug:

LOL - unlike some other young thug that feels he is owed priviledge, status, more money, and freaking time off from basketball so that his album can compete with U2's when it's released on the 23rd.

i'm with you guys.
put me on that "please can i have a lap dance, you sexy mofo list"........
if there were a section in this forum for RIDICULOUS threads, surely we could start it off with this one.
"woman sues bono for giving her lap dance" can go right next to the story about "hell freezing over."
i can appreciate people being concerned for the b-man, but he knows his business and he has done much more suggestive things before. i think some people need to lighten up a bit.
he's just putting on a show.
that's all.

has anyone seen any of the media outlets covering this story at all? I have CNN on 24/7 and have not seen a bit of news on this. Normally if the US press thinks that something would be controversial it would be spread all over the place.
It was cute and funny and help re-establish the fact that bono's day job is that of a rock star:)

Personally I was more shocked that Adam and Edge got off the stage:wink:

nurse chrissi said:
has anyone seen any of the media outlets covering this story at all?

I know that you're just kidding.

This isn't news worthy. That someone even thought of this as a thread makes me sad, and honestly makes me wonder.

ramblin rose said:

I know that you're just kidding.

This isn't news worthy. That someone even thought of this as a thread makes me sad, and honestly makes me wonder.
:yes: :up:

nurse chrissi said:

The real topic here is the discrimination against Larry. Bono, Edge, AND Adam all left the stage and had their fun partying on the floor, but poor Larry was rejected and left up at the BACK of the stage with his drums.

I smell a lawsuit. This Larryscrimination is just not on!

I too felt that Larry was discriminated against - left all alone on the stage whilst the other three had fun with the audience
definitely lawsuit here

and yes I was joking about the media coverage :D

Toady seems to be the day the news media seems to be into presidential pardoning of turkeys - seriously

Last edited:
Homerpalooza said:
I don't think it was only myself who noticed that the woman Bono gave his little lap dance to didn't look particularly thrilled. That was a risky thing for him to do. Think about it: This woman has a clear-cut sexual harassment case there if she wanted to persue it. The evidence was broadcast live throughout the entire east coast; a man sat in her lap uninvited and thrust himself at her, and...perhaps her family saw it, or some coworkers, leaving her completely humiliated in their eyes and therefore causing "emotional damages" in her life. I see no reason why a judge would dismiss her case if she raised one.

Now don't get me wrong, I thought what Bono did was totally awesome and had me cheering (I mean, it's what Bono does), but in hindsight I really hope that woman has a sense of humor. She wasn't a screaming PLEBA member at a U2 concert who would kill for Bono to even look at herself, after all.

Are you kidding me with this?

indigo tree said:
You know, I was actually thinking about this last night. But if you guys say the gal enjoyed it, then she enjoyed it, more power to her. But I can honestly say I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me.
Maybe I'm just wierd, I dunno.:shrug:
But I don't THINK B is bad for doing it, he just got a little carried away.

I don't think you're weird. It's kinda like I say to my girlfriend, if a good looking guy hits on you it's hot, if an ugly guy hits on you it's sexual harrasment.

If the woman wasn't a U2 fan, then I can see how she would have a right to get a bit freaked out. Let me put it another way, imagine if you as a U2 fan was sitting in the woman's seat and Eminem was performing and decided to thrust his crotch in your face. I'm pretty sure even the dude or dudette from Europe would cry sexual harrassment.

I personally got a good chuckle out of it last night cause at his age when Bono does these things nowadays it looks funny. I can see him doing it back in 1992 with Fly glasses on but it looked a bit tacky when the head of DATA at the age of 44 is thrusting his crotch in a woman's face. Surreal. I loved it.

GibsonGirl said:
Okay, what the hell? She didn't look displeased at all! I thought she was initially when I saw it on TV for the first time, but after watching it again on video, you can clearly see that she's enjoying it. In fact, this is her expression right after Bono got off her:

thegirl.jpg

And here's a clip of the section:

http://www.flickerandfade.org/images/snl/iwillfollow.wmv

(Windows Media format - works on Winamp)

yeah i was watching this too and i noticed the following:
- when it first shows bono climbing on to her, she is smilling big time (you can barely see her face because of the way the camera shot is), she looks up to the sky and starts to scream/laugh when hes on her, and all of her friends are screaming/laughing beside her
-she then presses her face right against bono's body
-camera cuts away to the behind shot
-shes holding onto bono tightly, then she grabs him by the hips and pushes him right into her face and then lets go and bono gets off right away
-she looks at her friends and smiles
-then she kinda looks embarassed (this is probably the facial expression that stood out to everyone the first time they watched it and why it looked like she was unhappy)
- then she leans back and looks at bono and is smiling again (pic that gibsongirl showed)

she definately enjoyed it, and probably made it look a little more steamy than bono intended

nurse chrissi said:

I was surprised that Adam even remebered how to move his feet after the last decade or so of standing still :lol:

Back
Top Bottom