Bono sings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you guys please find something else to complain about? This was a memorial service, not a concert. I think Bono's tribute is very sweet and shouldn't be analyzed. It's a nice gesture from Bono. He sang All You Need Is Love again at Sotheby's at the (Red) auction. The song is very fitting and it's nice to see Bono doing some singing and not only speaking.

If Bono is going to sing on every politcal speech he does, well Im going to watch every speech he does :drool:

Must say that his voice is so clean these days, also when he sings on apperances like this he hasnt any effect at all on the sound, no reverb... You cant accept that his voice should be on top, because I don't think he warm up before speeches.

Shame that he didnt go for any high notes :(

Rob33 said:

:lol:

Bono shits on American Idol...in every possible way you could think of

he is a better singer than any one ever associated with American Idol period...ok why did I just respond to that non sense anyway :tsk:

It's called a joke. Look it up, it might amuse you.

Also, all the non sense, as you put it, is in this thread: http://forum.interference.com/t184069.html

I think history might have been made here, folks. I watched every different version, and there was an excrutiatingly painful silence at the end. They laughed at his jokes tho. I feel for him, nice tribute and touching but maybe he shoulda stopped after the first chorus...that's the kind of song that 99.9% of the people will join in on, so if he didn't get some response by that first chorus...well...time to exit gracefully. All the same, nice to see..

WELCOME TO THE ABANDONED LAND
COME ON IN CHILD, TAKE MY HAND
HERE THERE'S NO WORK OR PLAY
ONLY ONE BILL TO PAY
THERE'S JUST FIVE WORDS TO SAY
AS YOU GO DOWN, DOWN, DOWN

YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL
OH, BURN IN HELL

YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE THINGS I'VE DONE WRONG IN MY LIFE
WITHOUT EVEN TRYING I'VE LIVED ON THE EDGE OF A KNIFE
WELL, I'VE PLAYED WITH FIRE, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET MYSELF BURNED
TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE, SO I THINK THAT IT'S TIME FOR A TURN

BEFORE I BURN IN HELL
OH, BURN IN HELL

TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN YOUR HEART, TELL ME WHAT DO YOU SEE?
IT'S BLACK AND IT'S DARK, NOW IS THAT HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE?
IT'S UP TO YOU, WHAT YOU DO WILL DECIDE YOUR OWN FATE
MAKE YOUR CHOICE NOW FOR TOMORROW MAY BE FAR TOO LATE

AND THEN YOU'LL BURN IN HELL
HEAR NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
SEE NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
OH, BURN IN HELL
LAY NO EVIL DOWN ON ME
SPEAK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
THINK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
OH, BURN IN HELL
PLAY WITH EVIL, 'CAUSE I'M FREE

HEAR NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
SEE NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
LAY NO EVIL DOWN ON ME
SPEAK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
THINK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
HEAR NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
SEE NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
LAY NO EVIL DOWN ON ME
SPEAK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU
THINK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU

HEAR NO EVIL, DON'T YOU SEE NO EVIL
OH, BURN IN HELL
DON'T YOU LAY NO EVIL DOWN ON ME
SPEAK NO EVIL, DON'T YOU THINK NO EVIL,
OH, BURN IN HELL
DON'T YOU PLAY WITH EVIL, 'CAUSE I'M FREE
HEAR NO EVIL, DON'T YOU SEE NO EVIL
OH, BURN IN HELL
DON'T YOU LAY NO EVIL DOWN ON ME

:rockon:

Confession! I only know this song because of Pee-Wee Herman's Big Adventure. :nerd:

gabrielvox said:
I think history might have been made here, folks. I watched every different version, and there was an excrutiatingly painful silence at the end. They laughed at his jokes tho. I feel for him, nice tribute and touching but maybe he shoulda stopped after the first chorus...that's the kind of song that 99.9% of the people will join in on, so if he didn't get some response by that first chorus...well...time to exit gracefully. All the same, nice to see..

yeah umm...what's up with that? I was almost uncomfortable for Bono as he finished...just dead silence and then he walks away? haha, that sucks! They should have acknowledged Bono's speech, singing included, in some way...i bet the others got an applause at the end, no? :tsk:

oh well, good for Bono :) :applaud: :applaud:

PlaTheGreat said:
This video only proves that Bono would never make it past stage one in American Idol :tsk:

Yo dawg, it was a bit pitchy, but it was just a'ight for me, yanno what I'm sayin'?

It was a good gesture but I was just surprised to see him on the local news. It was just weird to see the crappy newscasters talking about the California representative that died and seeing Bono just pop up on the screen and start singing. :ohmy:

Last edited:
hillers said:

Yo dawg, it was a bit pitchy, but it was just a'ight for me, yanno what I'm sayin'?

It was a good gesture but I was just surprised to see him pop up on the local news. It was just weird to see the crappy newscasters talking about politicians and he just pops up with them and starts singing, but I guess that's normal. :ohmy:

:angry:

Ok Randy c'mon yes or no!?

I have to admit, I didn't even click on the original link, so I have no idea what he was singing, or where he was singing it.

A horrible rendition of All You Need is Love, acapella with complete silence from the crowd.

I stopped listening after the second verse. I couldn't believe he was going to do the whole thing.

This video calls for an awkward turtle. :(

Bono also fits in the basket on this bicycle:

Ridindirty.gif

Yes or no?

It's a no for me, dawg. If Randy said yes, he would say something like this:

"At first, I thought it was a little pitchy, but you know what? YOU WORKED IT OUT! YOU MADE IT WORK, DAWG!"

Paula would say:

"You're beautiful, you have a beautiful soul, I love you!"

Simon would find something negative to say even if the performance was good. He would say something that he thinks is really witty and creative like this:

"It's like when you're at a wedding reception and the bride's father gets up and starts singing after he's had a few drinks and everyone wants him to shut up."

I miss scripted TV shows. :(

Rob33 said:

yeah umm...what's up with that? I was almost uncomfortable for Bono as he finished...just dead silence and then he walks away? haha, that sucks! They should have acknowledged Bono's speech, singing included, in some way...i bet the others got an applause at the end, no? :tsk:

oh well, good for Bono :) :applaud: :applaud:

You can't really applaud at a funeral. It was just very awkward in general.

Also, in pictures, the Israeli consul looks way star struck over Bono.

Hmm I didn't see it the way some of you guys are saying at all. It's a memorial, people have their own ways of paying tribute, and that was Bono's. I wouldn't expect anyone to join in for a "sing along" to someones tribute :huh:, nor would you expect an applause.

Bono has been singing on a couple of funerals/memorials, including that of his father. I don't think that an enthusiastic reaction from the crowd would be something that is appropriate at an occasion like that. So I guess he knows what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom