Bono + Short Hair = Change in setlist?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree Ponkine, it's a good chance they'll change the setlist. Maybe One Tree Hill for us in NZ (even though the tree is gone now so it's No Tree Hill). Wish Bono would grow his hair just a bit, but we're not complaining down here at the end of the world given that for some of us this is probably the last chance we'll get to see the band.:sad:

It's been a long wait since March but most of us in NZ have been patient, given the reason for cancelling. It'll be worth the wait. Only 6 weeks to go ... :applaud:

Effanbee said:
It's been a long wait since March but most of us in NZ have been patient, given the reason for cancelling. It'll be worth the wait. Only 6 weeks to go ... :applaud:

:hyper: :hyper:

U2girl said:

:yes: The Beautiful day/Electrical Storm/ATYCLB cover spiky hairdo.

If it's close to 3 months to Sydney and hair grows about an inch/month, you may get something similar to your fave.

On the other hand, Bono usually looks terrible with hair shorter thn 2 inches and longer than a buzz cut.

u2fp

Wow, you people are actually serious about this. :ohmy:

You think his friggin' haircut will represent a chance in the setlist??? Gimme a break. :banghead:

U2FanPeter said:

If it's close to 3 months to Sydney and hair grows about an inch/month, you may get something similar to your fave.

On the other hand, Bono usually looks terrible with hair shorter thn 2 inches and longer than a buzz cut.

u2fp

I think neither long (like Elevation or Vertigo) or the uber short cut (like Pop or his current look) work best for him. :shrug:

Clawgrabber said:
they will play The Saints Are Coming and Discotheque and One new song, something we've not yet heard.

and maybe maybe maybe if we are lucky MOFO.

(that will never happen tho)

i don't really think speculation is useful at this point, but i really do want to see some POP and ZOOROPA represented better. It's almost a decade now since POP, the boys need to stop their backpedaling and embrace that album as an important part of their discography. If not the studio versions, then at least the tail end of the POPMART tour versions... which even the boys say became some of their best shows.

Seriously, I love these guys, but to be honest their last couple tours needed some more Zooropa / Pop representation. Anything full band from either album would be welcome:

Stay
Dirty Day
Daddy...
Discotheque
Mofo
Staring
Last Night
Gone
Please

:drool:
I fully agree.

If we're talking length of hair preferences, Bono's hair looked really good when he first got it cut back in March or whenever, so if he can grow it back to that, that'd be dinero. Then again, he might keep it short so its easier to slot in new plugs.

But the setlist will see a change with at least The Saints... and whatever the new song is on the greatest hits. Outside of that I figured they'd be mixing up the set quite a bit, as well as the video and pacing of the show, just show that wouldn't be a complete retread from a show they played almost a year ago.

I do think the coexist bandana thing is a valid point....he's gonna look rather odd with it on now isn't he?

Meh, i guess the famous hair will look like it did on BD video once Brisbane rolls around, what is it now 34 days?

As for the set, i dont think there will be any changes. I would love to see more ATYCLB songs, MD and OOTS both in the set and if we could get a lovetown style One Tree Hill (31 December 89 :drool: ) that would be perfection

WalkOnTheEdge said:
Wow, you people are actually serious about this. :ohmy:

You think his friggin' haircut will represent a chance in the setlist??? Gimme a break. :banghead:

I think not only the setlist but also Bono's outfits will change .
And not just because of his short hair but to give the the
fans that were put on hold something fresh .

IN DA HOUSE said:
Well if a new haricuts = a new direction, Bono should die his hair blonde

Please dont Bono , your lyrics are shit enough.

p.s im blonde

Hey, Bono was completely blonde at his wedding in August 1982:

bonoaliweddingsz6.jpg

Depending on how long it stayed blonde, there's a chance some of that blondeness leaked onto War :wink:

The whole band looks better than ever.

Change the whole setlist and get rid of the damn workhorse songs

We'll get 1 song from PoP and a ATYCLB encore cause we didn't get the Elevation tour....

Elevation
In A Little While/Kite/Wild Honey
Beautiful Day

If more Pop songs are played, it's probably because they had a quick look at the Popmart Mexico show while planning it for DVD.

randy5554 said:
If more Pop songs are played, it's probably because they had a quick look at the Popmart Mexico show while planning it for DVD.
And they finally know that POPmart was awsome and up there with their best work.

Back
Top Bottom