Bono save the world ...and Britney Spears too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Apparently, CNN made an appeal to Bono. They want him to be the leader of a show to save Britney Spears because they fear she has the same destiny that Anna Nicole Smith had.

PS: CNN says that this is not a joke:giggle:

* I read this in a brazilian U2 fan site www.u2br.com

Aygo said:
Apparently, CNN made an appeal to Bono. They want him to be the leader of a show to save Britney Spears because they fear she has the same destiny that Anna Nicole Smith had.

PS: CNN says that this is not a joke:giggle:

* I read this in a brazilian U2 fan site www.u2br.com
:ohmy: Is it the first of April yet?

so, some random drunk brazilian guy has made up a story about bono on an online board.

well, ok.

Someone needs to save Britney, she needs a knight in shining armour. She had the world at her feet, a beautiful and aspirational girl, only for fame to become too much for her. Shame on the media and to some extent society and people in general, for constantly denegrating her, questioning her and mocking her.

An unfairly much-maligned figure who needs a saviour...

Here's a bad online translation:

The CNN makes one appeals so that Bono is spokesman of a show to save Britney Spears... "it is not a trick of bad taste" according to information of the American sender of TV. "We fear that it has end of Anne Nicole the same Smith". The controversial American model was found unconscious in one room of hotel in Hollywood (north of Miami) and taken to a hospital of the region, where it came to falecer, according to half places. E for this condition that the CNN makes I appeal it to the vocalista of the U2, so that it organizes an event to help to Britney to surpassing the problems that had come tona in the last weeks and had culminated in the internment of pop to star in one clinic of whitewashing. Source: Corriere Della Sera.

david said:
I'm really tired with the media fascination with her.

Yes, so am I and I hope that Bono doesn't waste his time with this. I'm sorry but I feel there are more important issues Bono contributes to, worldly international issues, than some selfish ridiculous thing the world watches Britney do. Britney can afford to get the help she needs to save herself. Her hair will also grow back, America. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate her music with a passion, I'm trying to realize she's a human being - and a mother - before she's a pop star. She's obviously going through something serious. I don't know if Bono's the answer (maybe the Man Bono tries to be), but I hope something is done. She has two children. It's gotta be tough for them, too. I don't know which bothers me more -- hearing about her every step, or hearing the media mock her misery. Probably the latter.

craigp said:
:hmm: hair aid

take out your cellphones, dangerous little devices. together we can help britney regain her sanity

not at all cool criagp. not only did you steal my sig, but you made it look better. curse you.

U2Kitten said:
Here's a bad online translation:

The CNN makes one appeals so that Bono is spokesman of a show to save Britney Spears... "it is not a trick of bad taste" according to information of the American sender of TV. "We fear that it has end of Anne Nicole the same Smith". The controversial American model was found unconscious in one room of hotel in Hollywood (north of Miami) and taken to a hospital of the region, where it came to falecer, according to half places. E for this condition that the CNN makes I appeal it to the vocalista of the U2, so that it organizes an event to help to Britney to surpassing the problems that had come tona in the last weeks and had culminated in the internment of pop to star in one clinic of whitewashing. Source: Corriere Della Sera.
:lol:
These online translations always crack me up.
Is nobody here that can translate from Portuguese?
Of course I know this is not true, but just imagine Bono urging us all to wear "Save Britney" wristbands.

sat·ire

–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

U2's tribute album to Britney Spears:

1. Drugs and beers or else
2. With or without panties
3. I still haven't found the key to be a real pop icon
4. Do you feel nuts?
5. Last night on a sanatory
6. A sort of headshaving
7. When Britney comes to town (Out of control)
8. Miss (in)Sanity
9. Pride (in the name of my kids)
10. Sometimes you can't call enough media attention to your own
11. Stuck in a straitjacket she can't get out of
12. Trash-Fed, Hilton and the (no) panties girl

Last edited:
last unicorn said:

:lol:
These online translations always crack me up.
Is nobody here that can translate from Portuguese?

Yeah, they're bad! :crack: Are Brazilian Fly or Follower still with us? They could give us a better translation.

Back
Top Bottom