Bono said he's Christ... or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsGiggles said:
bono.jpg

Who is the artist behind this rendering or what editorial piece is it from?

Bloody some crazy insecure christians out there.
Another thing Bono says is
God has more in common with Atheists than Christians. I totally agree these days with insecure comments and questions like this.
As if bono thinks he's Jesus! I spose he is the devil for wearing horns too!! :wink:

LuvandPeace1980 said:
Bloody some crazy insecure christians out there.
Another thing Bono says is
God has more in common with Atheists than Christians. I totally agree these days with insecure comments and questions like this.
As if bono thinks he's Jesus! I spose he is the devil for wearing horns too!! :wink:

Can't understand a statement like that and I'm referring to the "God has more in common with Atheists than Christians". I'm an atheist but have nothing in common with something that doesn't exist....ie God!:eyebrow:

trevgreg said:
This was posted on another music forum I go to...

Okay when I saw them in 87 they were awesome!
BUT I saw them for the Zoo thingy and I wasn't
as impressed. I guess what totally turns me off
now is, I have a friend who went to the opening
show this time around and Bono said he was Jesus
Christ & I'm sorry but as most of you know, most
things don't offend me, but that does.

I said that I doubted it was true, but just seeing if I can get that verified (or if it was tongue in cheek or something). Thanks ahead of time.

Bono is bejesus......hehehe people get so serious about religion makes me laugh. What sad and insecure people they must be when they can get so upset by such a minor thing! Why are religious people so serious! It reminds me of the classic Monty Python Film "Life of Brian" and the old guy whose gonna get a stonning cos he's taken the Lord Jehovahs name in vain.....what does John Cleese say "Your only making it worse for yourself" and the old guy replies "what could be worse than being stoned to death" hehehehe

rjhbonovox said:

Can't understand a statement like that and I'm referring to the "God has more in common with Atheists than Christians". I'm an atheist but have nothing in common with something that doesn't exist....ie God!:eyebrow:

Think about it. He is referring to the fact that God is all about tolerance, but so many die-hard Christians today are not. Atheists tend to be more tolerant.

bsp77 said:

Think about it. He is referring to the fact that God is all about tolerance, but so many die-hard Christians today are not. Atheists tend to be more tolerant.

Yep gotcha now, thanks for the explanation. Yep I think I'm a fairly tolerant person.....must be my belief in nothing heheh.:wink:

Bono's better than Jesus, just like most of us.

If Jesus represents something good, than Bono might as well claim to be a modern day Jesus, because he is the epitome of human decency.

It is quite possible that he has done more for humanity than Jesus, and if this is the case, he should be treated with higher regard than Jesus.

And so should any human being who philanthropises and exhibits themselves to be generous and loving and decent...

Just my reckoning...

intedomine said:
Bono's better than Jesus, just like most of us.

If Jesus represents something good, than Bono might as well claim to be a modern day Jesus, because he is the epitome of human decency.

It is quite possible that he has done more for humanity than Jesus, and if this is the case, he should be treated with higher regard than Jesus.

And so should any human being who philanthropises and exhibits themselves to be generous and loving and decent...

Just my reckoning...

Sacrilege!!!!!!:wink:

heh... he said "what an insufferable little jesus I'd be then eh??" in Boston in reference to having gotten 2 million ppl to sign the ONE pledge and what if he could get 5 million.....

he also said at one of the October Boston shows "you all know God's catholic, right?..... but I think, I think God's parents were, they had a mixed marriage...." as he led into Yahweh.....

tolerance, coexistence, and a good dose of irony, folks. nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom