Bono: Red charity Ipod for ONE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i know i've been posting alot about Ipod's recently, but i have one more question...

"Gossip mailing list Popbitch this week claims Bono, dining in the Michelin-starred Patrick Guilbaud restaurant in Dublin, was overheard talking about a red Amex card and red iPod for charity. "

does anyone have any other info regarding this?
i got an ipod for x-mas this yr, havent opened it yet, was lookin into getting the old u2 ipod instead, decided against it cuz it was so hard to find (yes, i did look at ebay though), and now i was all excited to finally open mine having already waited 3 weeks after x-mas nox, and i hear this news! Ahhh, it makes me want to wait and trade in for this new one, WHEN, and IF, it ever happens. I'm pretty sure Apple has not said anything baout it, and we all know how unreliable Bono comments are....

i'm thinking it would be a minimum of 6 months away, and i want to enjoy my new ipod NOW!

Well, I know that several months ago, in a video interview, Bono mentioned starting up the "Red Campaign", which would involve asking big companies (I'm pretty sure that both Apple and Nike were mentioned) to create a red product to symbolize the AIDS emergency, and with proceeds from the sale of such items going to AIDS relief.

I say enjoy your iPod.

This new red iPod is still a rumor - it may never be released. And even if it is, it's just red. I love the black & red U2 iPod I have, but really, what makes the iPod so great isn't its appearance as much as what it provides. A great looking iPod is cool - but it's far more important that it holds songs, pics and now, videos.

So unless you really want to hold out and hope to get a new red iPod that may or may not have all the features you want, I say enjoy the one you have.

in the meanwhile i'd just get the newest ipod, engrave some u2 line on the back, and go to one of those sites online like Colorware and get it colored red

I had heard about the red credit card from somewhere, cannot remember where... :scratch: This is the first I hear of a red iPod though.

I say go ahead and enjoy your iPod now.

and if the red iPod does happen, just purchase that one too. For charity.

(just kiddin' about that last part) ;)

Back
Top Bottom