Bono quote?? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
i once heard bono made a quote a long the lines of
Dance like it hurts. Love like you need money. Work when people are watching... or something
i know he didnt maek the original one. who mde the origianl one and what ws it like. what was bonos version???
please help

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."

That's what Bono said. I don't know if that is a version of another quote :scratch: but it is one of my faves. I love it!

We've had past discussion on this topic, but I don't know if we ever found THE original source of the quote. It is definitely not something original from Bono though, and there are a few variations of it.

sorry if this is a little late. I found these:

? Work like you don?t need the money, love like you?ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.?
--- Satchel Paige

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like there's nobody watching.
Anonymous

(Jennifer Love Hewitt)
Q: Do you have a motto you live by?
A: It was "Work like you don't need the money, love like your heart has never been broken, and dance like no one is watching."

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.
-Randall G Leighton

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching."
-- Mark Twain

hmm......take your pick I guess :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

? Work like you don?t need the money, love like you?ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.?
--- Satchel Paige

That's the name I was trying to think of.

The class that graduated high school the year after me used that as their class motto, and that was who they credited it to.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Dance like it hurts. Love like you need money. Work when people are watching...

LMAO. This is the BEST version of the quote I ever heard!

Dance like it hurts! (That is so f-ed up!)

Love like you need money (Man-whore!)

Work when people are watching (That's my policy!)

Back
Top Bottom