Bono Promises Not to Swear Again at Golden Globes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
See the story on Interference's homepage.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. How long are people going to keep harping on it? Poor Bono, he uttered a few words in a moment of exhuberance and he's been condemned for it ever since. He has stated he didn't mean any offense, and with all the good he's done in the world I think it is sooo petty and narrow minded for some lobbyists to focus on this. I personally think that, as both a man and a musician, Bono is fucking brilliant.

I am going to move this to EYKIW, since it seems more like a "support-Bono"-type thread rather than a discussion on network TV censorship.

It's an election year, so it's no wonder that these senators feel this need to worry about this kind of thing-this is stuff that's brought up in practically every presidential election year.

Maybe we need to explain the concept of the remote control again to people. :shrug:.

Anywho, yeah, I agree, let's focus on all the good stuff Bono's done rather than the fact that he uttered a word that everyone has heard a million times before (and a word that many of these people who are yelling at him for saying it have probably uttered themselves quite a few times, along with a lot worse comments (like that Wildman guy)). He was never intending on offending anybody. He was just happy to have won.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom