Bono posts stuff on here regularly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the PopMart tour, Bono made reference to "wirelings" from the stage a couple of times. (Users on the old "Wire" mailing list used to call themselves that.) ...So yeah, the band knows about these things, and maybe they do post, but I guarantee that the number of "fake" U2 posts up until now has outnumbered real ones by about a million to one.

LyricalDrug said:
On the PopMart tour, Bono made reference to "wirelings" from the stage a couple of times. (Users on the old "Wire" mailing list used to call themselves that.) ...So yeah, the band knows about these things, and maybe they do post, but I guarantee that the number of "fake" U2 posts up until now has outnumbered real ones by about a million to one.

Yeah, this is because the "Wirelings" were camped outside the stadiums in throngs with their Wire banner. Sure he knew who they were, they were at every damn show waiting. Doesnt mean he visited Wire though. So I dont think its the same context as what is being eluded to on this thread.

Was the Edge fake?????
I remember we had "Dalkey Beach" who sounded like he was the Edge and turned out to be fake.

But then, we had a site administrator claim the authenticity of the real "Edge". This Edge posted a few times and we all asked him questions. ARe you telling me that this Edge was fake??? If so, I must have missed a thread or two.

I must have been away that day. You blink and you miss a lot around here. How was it determined that the "official Edge" was fake?

Booster, it was huge, seriously. I wouldnt try and go back over it. It wasnt Edge, never was Edge. Maybe some of the threads are still down in Dont Expect Suggest.

:crack:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Everyone knows Jick is Bono. Isn't it obvious?

:laugh:

If that happened to be true, I would have to say that I know nothing about Bono.
I think that it’s possible that the members of the band have already visited this site. Have they ever posted here? Who knows? I’m not gonna think about it, because I’d never reach a conclusion.

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
booster, the message to our readers thread in inside broadcast would probably help explain it, too.

Thanks I was trying to remember where the other thread was. I have blocked the whole escapade from my mind for some reason. :|

awaiting another mysterious dosage of Dalkey Beach visits...:shifty:

Oh crap, now I'm remembering one of the Dalkey Beach convo's about 'Mercy' and the 11 1/2 tracks. Now I have to ask if anyone remembers if that supposed someone brought that up before Mercy was leaked and when Fast Cars was announced as a bonus track ( I guess you could call Fast Cars 1/2 a song- in the Rolling Stone article, Bono says 11 songs made the cut of the 24, excluding Fast Cars)

mofo82 said:
awaiting another mysterious dosage of Dalkey Beach visits...:shifty:

Oh crap, now I'm remembering one of the Dalkey Beach convo's about 'Mercy' and the 11 1/2 tracks. Now I have to ask if anyone remembers if that supposed someone brought that up before Mercy was leaked and when Fast Cars was announced as a bonus track ( I guess you could call Fast Cars 1/2 a song- in the Rolling Stone article, Bono says 11 songs made the cut of the 24, excluding Fast Cars)

Fake Edge/Dalkey Beach also claimed there'd be an instrumental on the album, and that Native son married another track and had a baby on the album (and as REAL Adam said, Native Son = Vertigo).
11 and half tracks?!? What kind of a description is that anyway?

24 songs were recorded, 11 made the album - add Mercy, Fast cars - why would you call it half a song? - and Are you gonna wait forever which leaves 10 leftovers not released yet.

Last edited:
to matt---i give ya a hug......i see that ya said " sorry" before ..i wasnt tryin to sound like a jerk ..ya dont have to say sorry...i thought you were kiddin ; )

U2girl said:

and that Native son married another track and had a baby on the album (and as REAL Adam said, Native Son = Vertigo).
11 and half tracks?!? What kind of a description is that anyway?

Native Son married Full Metal Jacket and had a baby = Vertigo.

No.
Native Son=Full metal jacket=Vertigo. They just re-wrote it after Lillywhite came into the picture.

I'm going to close this thread, as a.) most of us here know what happened; and b.) those who don't can check out the IB thread.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom