Bono posted on the Zootopia boards...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by christiana:
Hm... then Bono's official email addy is bono@u2.com?? ==>( [[/QUOTE

I imagine he has about 394850349 messages from people asking all kinds of inane questions.

And I'll bet there are people asking him for bootlegs.
wink.gif

HEY!!!!

Someone stole my handle over there
frown.gif
That's not me!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

Plus, if they ever do post here, I sincerely hope they don't tell people who they are. Things could get really annoying really quickly. I remember the times when we thought Edge was here, and the same thing is happening at Zootopia -- except to a much greater extent. Have you seen all of the threads directed right to Bono? There are about a zillion of them now. I understand them posting there, it's official . . . but if they want to see honest conversation and dialogue not tailored to the fact that they're reading the forum, I think they'd know that Zootopia is not the place to find it.

I'm gonna report Bono's posts as abuse.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Bono is posting now because the board is new and he wants all the fans to think that he and other band members will regularly post but of course they won't. they are like the mods here, work for the first few days and go into retirement. Bono is just trying to get more people there but after a while he will fall out of posting there, well not even a while, I imagine it will be rather soon.

~rougerum

I think you are right Mirrorball Girl. I think Elvis said that when he met the band last spring Edge said that he visited Interference but did not post. So I would guess if they are here they are lurkers and if they did post it would be under an alias.

I still think it is cool though that Bono posted over there even if it has little content. It will be cool to see if they post on there while they are working on the next album letting us know how things are coming along.

rougerum, you may be right. But I think Edge may post there a few times as he likes to get on the net. By the way, it is nice to see you posting again, we need more pessimism on this board!
smile.gif
(I'am serious when I say that!)

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-04-2001).]

Really? Edge visits Interference?

I think your right - if he posted he'd do it in disguise otherwise it would spoil it - guess they want to see what we're saying behind thier backs!

Originally posted by The Riddler:
May be they do

Riddler, I for one would never rule out the possibility. I don't know how it was proved before that The Edge was not actually here. As you can see by the response to Liam and Noel, rock stars aren't going to get any special treatment here
wink.gif
. (especially with that verbiage
rolleyes.gif
) I think the difference at zootopia is they will get the attention, but it could be negative. We're just a little too wary here, *sigh* but if we did know for sure someone was a band member, it could be more of a friendly thing the way the discussion here flows. But would they still just be an interferencer (one with a different angle, albeit)
smile.gif
or would we be overwhelmed?.

We are such a polite community, no one has mentioned at zootopia that interference has a better interface, have they?

rouge, why wouldn't Bono or the rest of the band continue to jump in there from time to time? Unless they get treated poorly or flooded with questions.

DebbieSG, Edge stated he has never posted here. He said he has checked out the site though and I believe he indicated he participated in the chat room one time but that was it. This is based on when I asked him in Chicago on the first leg and what he told Elvis last spring.

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
We are such a polite community, no one has mentioned at zootopia that interference has a better interface, have they?

I almost did!!!!
biggrin.gif
Lol, I just kind of said the interface was making me dizzy, and wished we could add pictures to our posts. Never mentioned Feedback though
wink.gif

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

It was brief, got his autograph. I asked him if he checks out Interference online. He said that he had. I asked if he ever posted and he said no. That was it, he moved onto the next person.

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
I'm gonna report Bono's posts as abuse.
biggrin.gif

lol.

if i was more insane, i would email bono just to tell him something strange. like, i love his leather jackets or he should stick to the blue shades. something crazy.

i hate zootopia.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
HEY!!!!

Someone stole my handle over there
frown.gif
That's not me!

Someone else got "Mystery Girl" so if you see her, it ain't me! I'm "MysteryGirl" on there,too...just like on here.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

why do we need zootopia when we have very nice interferences that let us know only when there are highlights like Bono? Thanks Skywalker! PS- are you related to Luke?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Well I predicted this would happen in another thread. Although I didnt think they would be posting there this quickly and I thought it would be Edge that posted first.

I dont care for the setup over there either but you know most of us are now going to go check those boards to see if a band member has posted. I know I will.

Why are they posting there and not here. Its simple, those boards are "official" this board is not. Besides, how on earth could we confirm it was them if they posted here? Elvis kind of ruined that already when he started posting fake messages from the band back in March.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-04-2001).]

Well it may not have been him. What is odd though is that the webmaster of U2.com said it was. Maybe they pulled the same thing that Elvis did last spring to try to draw attention. The problem with that is that no one is going to trust or believe it if they actually did or do post there (kind of like what happened here) because of this lie.

Even if it wasnt Bono I still think they will be on there at some point. What they need to have though is some special way of posting that shows it is them and no one else (ie: an icon by their handle, a different script when they type, etc. that is not available to anyone else) I know of some other bands that have this when their members post.

Originally posted by rougerum:
they are like the mods here, work for the first few days and go into retirement.
okay, I will edit all your posts from now on
does that make you happy?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
okay, I will edit all your posts from now on
does that make you happy?

I think that would be good excercise for yah if yah did!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
I think you should edited everyone's threads! Then we will know your doing your job!
tongue.gif
LOL

And, about the Bono thing.... LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Last year I sent a BD e-mail to Bono at Bono@U2.com, it never got returned.

When you sign up you can put down any email you want. You can put down yousuckass@u2.com and it wont bounce back.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

hehe, you probably did try that

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom