Bono on Radio1 On Christmas Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
I heard on bbc radio one before that they are airing an interview of Bono by Jo Whiley on christmas day at 7pm. There aren't any details on the website yet (I don't know if the interview will be live or not.. I doubt it.) but on Scott Mills' show they were advertising it as 'a christmas treat for all u2 fans!' :up:

(I had absolutely no idea where to post this thread :lol: )

Wonder whats going on, you think the interview be Live ?

I wonder if they may announce a new album and tour , sorry im jumping the gun.

Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

susanp6 said:
Wow that's really interesting PartyGirl :hyper:

I'll be sat back watching all the soaps at that time at my mum's house so i'll just hope they carry it on the Radio 1 website or it gets posted here :up: :)

Thanks for letting us know! :wink:

emmerdale , cant wait :drool:

redhotswami said:
finally i have an opportune moment to ask this question!

how can I listen to radio one? i'm in the u.s. what are my options? i'd like to hear this interview too.

Here's the Radio 1 web page. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/index.shtml?logo

Normally you can listen to the show live on here. The top is always what is playing now, and there is a listen now button! Hope that helps :wink:

Radio one is the best, redhotswami , you have to listen to it! :up:
I just happened to be listening to scott mills again (my mum shouted me to turn it on because they were playing window in the skies..)
and he said 'christmas day - we have a big treat for all u2 fans, jo whiley having a chat with her bessie bono. believe me its going to be good!'
yet its still not on the website :hmm:

Thanks Partygirlvox. I don't think Bono has given a solo interview in the UK for ages. What a great Christmas pressie:wink: I checked the RadioTimes website and it contains the following info about the programme:-

It's 30 years since 14 year old Larry Mullen Jr posted a notice on his school bulletin board seeking musicians for a new band. From those modest beginnings, U2 have grown to become one of the most enduring and popular rock acts in the world. In an exclusive Radio 1 interview, Bono reveals the secrets of their success, and chats about the past, present and future.

Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

partygirlvox said:
Thanks for finding that greenlight!
I'm a big radio one listener, and Bono gave a solo interview to edith bowman on there a while ago. He sounded quite tipsy and I think it was during the Q awards, just before u2 were due to fly out to australia.

Oh I missed that. I can't think when he last did a long solo interview in the UK though that was pre-arranged. :shrug:

susanp6 said:
I heard that when Edith was talking to him PG! :yes:

He did sound quite tipsy&yep, he did say they were leaving straight after for Oz :wink: i actually then realised that they'd be up in the sky for Larry's birthday :ohmy:

:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!

partygirlvox said:

:lol: did you hear when edith said something like 'and i take it you will still be drinking on the plane?'
and bono went 'air ireland all the way!'
I :heart: tipsy bono!

:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)

Galeongirl said:

:lol: Something tells me that Bono is a very funny man when he's drunk :wink:

Greenlight, Bono did a short phone interview with radio1 in december last year, to reflect on their achievements with Live8, MPH, One and such :)

Bono seems to come out with the best lines when hes had a few :lol: Have you seen this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMHRyqdbII
I swear he must be tipsy there!

yes i think i did hear his comment about Air Ireland PG :lol:

And yes Vaz, i can't wait for Tom King to get what he deserves either, the swine! :mad: :applaud: :giggle: it's gonna be a cracker! :yes:

Cool. He did a Christmas Eve interivew with Whiley in 96/97. Very funny, and when Radio 1 used to be aimed at a somewhat intelligent audience rather than 13 to 18 year old chavs with Lily Allen posters.

susanp6 said:
yes i think i did hear his comment about Air Ireland PG :lol:

And yes Vaz, i can't wait for Tom King to get what he deserves either, the swine! :mad: :applaud: :giggle: it's gonna be a cracker! :yes:

I think charlie stubbs dies in coronation street on Christmas Day too.

good old Tracey.

Slapnutz said:
Cool. He did a Christmas Eve interivew with Whiley in 96/97. Very funny, and when Radio 1 used to be aimed at a somewhat intelligent audience rather than 13 to 18 year old chavs with Lily Allen posters.

Woah dude, thats a bit strong! Yes radio 1 now have ridiculous set lists and hardly any indie/rock bands get played. But it's hardly aimed at 13 to 18 year old chavs.
And excuse me with the generalisation, but I'm by no means chav and I like Lily Allen.

I also like it when jo whiley interviews Bono - they must be friends, because they always seem so at ease with each other. :up:

J_NP said:
Shouldn't it be starting , isn't it already 7pm in London ?

Yes it is but it's still Christmas Eve here in the UK; the interview is on Christmas Day. Don't panic- you're not missing anything!

Oh Right Forgot , Sometimes I think when it's written Xmas day , I think about the celebrating day , which would be 24

Talkin bout any info there , whether will be a u2 show or a only Bono interv ?

Back
Top Bottom