Bono on Larry King

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that was cool... they just played a kinda montage of nothing but I Will Follow leading into the commercial. Starting with the music video from I Will Follow, then they morphed into the Red Rocks I Will Follow from UABRS, then they morphed into the PopMart Mexico City I Will Follow, then into the Elevation Boston I Will Follow, all without missing a note... really cool.

I think it's interesting that when LK asked Bono if there was one album or concert or "thing" that propelled U2 to major fame, Bono said no. He didn't mention Live Aid or The Joshua Tree album or anything else. His perception is simply that they've built a following.

I am smiling so big right now. What an interview!
Bono "I am in love" ! :heart:
I agree Headacheinasiutcase that I will Follow montage was awesome, and so was that Desire one just now!!
:combust:

I thought this was on tomorrow night. I just turned it on. According to rockontv.com, it comes on again at 11 central/12 Eastern tonight. :)

What a great interview!!!

I got my parents and sister to sit down and watch it with me. My parents wanted to watch it since we are Irish and they love to watch anything that brings them back to the homeland. But at the end my Dad turned to me(my dad doesnt say much) and said i thoguth that guy was a idoit but he's pretty smart, and my mum said he does alot of great things that i never knew about so he has converted 2 ppl. Also they loved the mansion on the hill story, i;ve heard it before but they laughed because they know its true. I thought Larry was great with Bono as well and i loved the the first interview and hopefully many more quote!

The "I Will Follow" montage was definitely cool.

Pub crawler, I thought that was interesting with the album thing, too. And he said toward the end of the show that the band's still "going somewhere". Never heard that from someone in a big, well-known band before.

My sister was laughing at the part where Larry and Bono were talking about their kids and Bono's like, "I bet mine could beat yours up" or something like that. I laughed at the part where he talked about the guy who mispronounced his name on purpose, and the guy left, and Bono's like, "Who does he think he is?" and the person next to him said "That was Sonny Bono". Hahaha!

And I liked hearing him talk about Ali, too. :).

That guy certainly does his homework, my gosh. And I liked it when he was talking about how, if we help these countries, the people there will be able to get rid of those extremist dictators-that's something my dad's been saying before, people have been taught in those countries by their dictators that America=evil, but if we help these people in these countries, they're gonna turn on the dictators and be like, "What are you talking about? They're great people over there!" and the people can get rid of the dictators (that's the best way I can think of to fight terrorism).

I love it when Bono does these interviews, I love hearing what he has to say, doesn't matter what it is he's talking about, I'll gladly listen.

Angela

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Now that was cool... they just played a kinda montage of nothing but I Will Follow leading into the commercial. Starting with the music video from I Will Follow, then they morphed into the Red Rocks I Will Follow from UABRS, then they morphed into the PopMart Mexico City I Will Follow, then into the Elevation Boston I Will Follow, all without missing a note... really cool.

Yes, I really liked that! It was a nice one.

The interview was so great. :hyper:

There were even two pics of Ali and Ali & Bono which I haven't seen before. :ohmy: :laugh:

:shifty: Bono thought U2 was named after a submarine!

I am just in awe of Bono, really.

Just when I think , not much more will impress me, I go and see an interview like this.

Such an inspiration.

:yes:

I taped it and watched it.

Great, my fave part I can think of right now was at the end when Bono was talking about how U2 always give "everything they got".

:lmao: "If I wasn't in U2, I'd be in trouble."

What was that song when he talks about not being able to read notes, when he leans against Edge's back but before Walk on starts?

Wow. Larry King is such an intellectual light weight...such a talking head...i can't recall specifically a few of his dim questions (cause it was a couple of days ago)...and bono obviously lowering the intellectual response so larry could understand...you could see the frustration on bono's face often...bono needs to come to canada and speak to some of our people at the cbc for a real discussion of the issues.....

tinker said:
Wow. Larry King is such an intellectual light weight...such a talking head...i can't recall specifically a few of his dim questions (cause it was a couple of days ago)...and bono obviously lowering the intellectual response so larry could understand...you could see the frustration on bono's face often...bono needs to come to canada and speak to some of our people at the cbc for a real discussion of the issues.....
Tinker, we (Canadians) are so full of ourselves, and I sometimes get disgusted with our holier than thou mentality, but I must agree with you on this one - The CBC would have offered a discussion that would have dug much deeper, I'm sure. But, that's CNN for you - the cartoon network masquerading as the news (to steal a line from 'If God Will Send His Angels'). Rather cheap entertainment, isn't it? (No offense to anyone.) That said, it was a funny interview. CNN is good at that, at least.

Back
Top Bottom