Bono on Larry King - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:48 PM

The transcript is now posted in U2News! Enjoy!

Old 12-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:48 PM
I think Larry King did a better job interviewing Bono than Charlie Rose did. Who woulda thunk?

Old 12-02-2002, 02:54 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 AM

I taped it and watched it.

Great, my fave part I can think of right now was at the end when Bono was talking about how U2 always give "everything they got".

"If I wasn't in U2, I'd be in trouble."

What was that song when he talks about not being able to read notes, when he leans against Edge's back but before Walk on starts?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:46 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

I liked Bono's opinion of religions.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:03 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by david
I liked Bono's opinion of religions.
me too--totally
Old 12-03-2002, 01:12 PM   #26
Gunslinger

You know that it is only a matter of time before A&E's Biography has a Bono Special.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:44 PM   #27

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Big Grin

I posted this at PLEBA, but MacPhisto.net has the whole thing on RealPlayer if you didn't get a chance to see the live version.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:35 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Roland of Gilead
You know that it is only a matter of time before A&E's Biography has a Bono Special.
You mean they haven't done one yet?

Well, they'd better get cracking, then!

David, I liked what Bono said about religion, too. Nice to see he and I are on the same wavelength of sorts about religion. .

Angela
Old 12-03-2002, 10:44 PM   #29
Babyface

Wow. Larry King is such an intellectual light weight...such a talking head...i can't recall specifically a few of his dim questions (cause it was a couple of days ago)...and bono obviously lowering the intellectual response so larry could understand...you could see the frustration on bono's face often...bono needs to come to canada and speak to some of our people at the cbc for a real discussion of the issues.....
Old 12-04-2002, 03:43 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by tinker
Wow. Larry King is such an intellectual light weight...such a talking head...i can't recall specifically a few of his dim questions (cause it was a couple of days ago)...and bono obviously lowering the intellectual response so larry could understand...you could see the frustration on bono's face often...bono needs to come to canada and speak to some of our people at the cbc for a real discussion of the issues.....
Tinker, we (Canadians) are so full of ourselves, and I sometimes get disgusted with our holier than thou mentality, but I must agree with you on this one - The CBC would have offered a discussion that would have dug much deeper, I'm sure. But, that's CNN for you - the cartoon network masquerading as the news (to steal a line from 'If God Will Send His Angels'). Rather cheap entertainment, isn't it? (No offense to anyone.) That said, it was a funny interview. CNN is good at that, at least.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:24 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tinker
Gotta agree with you there. Larry King isn't an intellectual, but I think his strength is making people feel comfortable. He likes everybody, he's safe, he isn't confrontational, and he always seems genuinely interested in the people he's interviewing. Bono, liking 'the row' as he has often said, would really shine with somebody who is maybe a bit confrontational, who asks the tough questions, and who has more intellectual depth. But we still got a lot out of him because he likes to talk and Larry let him (well, sort of, most of the time). I can't actually think of one mainstream interviewer in the U.S. who is really, really good. They're all kind of insipid.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:42 AM   #32
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
he likes to talk and Larry let him (well, sort of, most of the time).
hi joyfulgirl

Pity Larry sorta cut him off when he was talking about the link between the war on terrorism and the war on poverty. Would┤ve been interesting that Bono could have been able to develop the issue - but then I suspect it isn┤t a point of view that I see CNN as being too keen to broadcast

BTW I also agree with his view on organised religion
Old 12-05-2002, 10:34 AM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

Tinker, we (Canadians) are so full of ourselves, and I sometimes get disgusted with our holier than thou mentality, but I must agree with you on this one - The CBC would have offered a discussion that would have dug much deeper, I'm sure.

Ok, if you Canadians are so smart, why does it snow so damn much up there? Hmmmm? Answer me that!!!!

Old 12-05-2002, 11:50 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Ok, if you Canadians are so smart, why does it snow so damn much up there? Hmmmm? Answer me that!!!!

Actually, I have yet to see a flake so far this winter! (No pun intended, of course - see, I told you we were smart )