BONO on CNN Headline News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I just saw Bono on CNN!!!

The story they showed on CNN was about Bono touring with Treasury cheif O'neill. It was on CNN Headline news, about 10 minutes ago, and they usually repeat the stories on Healine news every 30 minutes.

Below is the related link from the CNN website.
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/05/21/kagan.day1.otsc/index.html

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

"U2's Bono was coming from a weekend-long bachelor party for "The Edge," the band's lead guitarist. That gathering was held in New York City."

HA!

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

"As for the Treasury secretary, he admitted that no, he has never been to a U2 concert. But the man is already quoting the band's lyrics.

''I still haven't found what I'm looking for,'' the secretary said when talking about finding a solution for solving Africa's problems.

''But maybe we will on this trip. And that will be a 'Beautiful Day.'''"

It?s nevet too late.
biggrin.gif

source-cnn
Editor's note: In our Behind the Scenes series, CNN correspondents share their experiences in covering news around the world.

ACCRA, Ghana (CNN) -- It's not easy to get from Atlanta, Georgia, to Accra, Ghana, in western Africa. The challenge is even stiffer when you need to pick up one of the biggest rock stars in the world and the U.S. Treasury secretary along the way.

Photographer Dan Young and I flew commercial to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C. That's where we, along with producer Ted Winner, boarded a charter plane and headed overnight seven hours to Frankfurt.

Why Germany?

Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was coming from a meeting of finance ministers in Bucharest, Romania.

U2's Bono was coming from a weekend-long bachelor party for "The Edge," the band's lead guitarist. That gathering was held in New York City. I guess Frankfurt was the easiest place to meet up.

The difference in their previous destinations tells you all you need to know about how different these two men are.

Yet, somehow, each gets where the other is coming from when it comes to helping the people of Africa.

Their mission is to draw attention to Africa's problems of poverty, disease and debt. O'Neill also has taken the position that increased aid must and should be accompanied by results.

As we flew over Spain, Bono and O'Neill sat down and gave me their first interview as a team. Just me, Bono and the Treasury secretary talking Africa 35,000 feet over the Rock of Gibraltar. Today, I love my job. Even if I'm not sure, with all the travel and time changes, exactly which day it is.

Each man shared some personal tidbits.

''Y'know, I'm not easy," Bono shared halfway through our chat. ''I'm a rock star. I'm not tidy and I stay up late.''

Most probably studying the issues we will face on this trip. O'Neill will be the first to tell you Bono has this stuff down cold.

As for the Treasury secretary, he admitted that no, he has never been to a U2 concert. But the man is already quoting the band's lyrics.

''I still haven't found what I'm looking for,'' the secretary said when talking about finding a solution for solving Africa's problems.

''But maybe we will on this trip. And that will be a 'Beautiful Day.'''

The next 10 days are going to be fascinating. I hope you take the trip with me here on CNN.com and on CNN.
also this
Bono's trip to Africa

If you'd like to ask Bono a question, e-mail us. We'll ask him some of your questions throughout the week. Look for answers between 10 and 11 a.m. (ET) on CNN.
this is the link-->
javascript [img]http://forum.inte...bars=yes,r esizable=no,width=510,height=425')

ok link doesn't work, prolly cause its java but im not certain. go to cnn.com half way down theres a wee pic of bono there
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-21-2002).]

I JUST SAW THE STORY!!

It was the lady talking on the phone telling how primitive the conditions in Ghana are and they were having trouble setting up, but they showed video from the plane yesterday and he looked so cute! She was talking about him being the dreamer and O'Neill being the doer and how they were going to help each other. They played 'New Year's Day' on the intro and outro and said 'it's always a good excuse to play the music of U2!!'

SO now you know they have a story and they will replay it. They said there would be MUCH more coming up!!

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

Back
Top Bottom