Bono on CNN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want an angry or aggressive album. I like beautiful and uplifting songs like "Beautiful Day." And, considering how popular that song has become, I think it's safe to say that most people feel the same way. I'm tired of all these little depressed bands singing about how much they hate someone or something, and I don't want U2 to be that way. They're such a happy band (compared to other bands out there).

You can be earth-shatteringly dour without having a sad song. Those who pay attention to my posts know that I'm a huge TMBG fan, and they're a perfect example of a band that sings songs with lots of death imagery to happy tunes.

For example, the lyric to one of their songs (Don't Let's Start) reads, "No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful. Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beatuiful." yet the song is a bouncy happy pop song.

The point is, U2 are talented enough to write meaningful songs about anything to any tune they want. They arn't like other bands who have to match the lyrics to the melody.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i want a simple album that seems complex so all of you go and try to read into it and make all these theories about what it stands for and what it means when in reality it doesn't mean anything... goo goo g'joob

pssst... headache... the walrus was paul. :silent:

I don't think "aggressive" necessarily means angry or depressed. I serously doubt U2 is going to come out with an album that sounds like Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. Early U2 had a really aggressive, raw sound but it was also very energetic and joyous.

Back
Top Bottom