Bono on BBC1 now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
for anyone in Britain - he's on the Band Aid 20 doucmentary which is on BBC 1 now... also features Justin's take on his line, so it should be worth watching just for that ;)

Great too see Bono and Edge running though the 'thank God' line at HQ.. I believe him now when he says that he delivered a more restrained version for the single.. he was actually really belting it out in the studio. I'm glad he chose the version that he did; 'served up cold' as he said.

They also how him singing a few other verses of the song.. great stuff!!

yeah, it would be great if we could try get an mp3 up of Bono singing the whole first few verses of Band Aid too

I haven't seen it all. I was recording on digital but was watching Unforgiven on the other side.

Is Dave Gorman in the house? :help: Where's Batman when you need him!! :laugh:

I've already sent him a load of files, and now I'll have another one soon. I can upload it in the morning ;)

It is encoding now and will finish in 1h 45m.

I will try and get an mp3 of the singing bit you refer to in the morning. I didn't make a copy of the DVD mpg so it is locked in use at the moment :sigh:

Just so you all know...I sent Dave the following last night to be seeded as torrents on his tracker.....

"U2_Tonight_with_Jonathan_Ross_03122004.wmv" (89693 KB)
"Tonight with Jonathan Ross 03-12-2004 Complete VCD_mpg" (610585 KB)
"Tonight with Jonathan Ross 03-12-2004 Highlights VCD_mpg" (348373 KB)
"U2 - Vertigo - TOTPs 20-11-2004 DVD_mpg" (139696 KB)
"Miracle_Drug_CDUK_27-11-2004_DVD_mpg" (139256 KB)

along with the files I sent him a fortnight ago that he tells me he has already downloaded from Yousendit....

U2 - Vertigo TOTPS 20-11-2004 VCD_mpg (31,583kb)
Band Aid 20 VCD_mpg (57,547 kb) (Video of single)
CDUKInterview2004_mpg (VCD) (57,862 kb)
U2 Music Hall Of Fame Induction VCD_mpg (103,251 kb)
U2 Vertigo CDUK 23-10-2004 VCD_mpg (38,047kb)
U2 Vertigo CDUK 23-10-2004 VCD.wmv (14,915kb)
U2_UK_Music_Hall_Of_Fame_Induction.wmv (23,307kb)
Band Aid 20 DVD_mpg (202,417kb) (Video of single)
Band Aid - The Record That Rocked The World 20-11-2004 VCD_mpg (591,656kb)
CDUK 23-10-2004 U2 Vertigo DVD_mpg (224,899kb)

I'm not suggesting he host them all but he will have them should we need them :wink:

Alan

Last edited:
Well, we have something airing here in the U.S. in regard to Band Aid 20 soon... Check the what to record thread. I posted it in there.

Hopefully it is the same. However, I know Alan is on it, and the man is just awesome!

:bow:

bandaid20bonoandedge.jpg

:lol: I've just realised this looks like Bono is struggling to get the last remnants of sauce from a ketchup bottle!! Or maybe icing a cake!!:laugh:

VCD mpg is encoded, from which the above was taken.

DVD mpg will be encoded by the morning. It's running now overnight ;)

Goodnight

Right, I have a finished DVD mpg of last night's programme and am re-encoding the VCD mpg (the audio didn't encode properly the first time) which I will upload tonight along with an 80-90Mb wmv clip ;)

However, the DVD mpg is 1.5Gb which means it's too big for Yousendit and my connection is too slow to seed a torrent.

What I'm considering doing is creating a single DVD image containing last night's show AND the BBC3 documentary...

"Band Aid - The Record That Rocked The World 20-11-2004 DVD_mpg"

When this is done I will then send it to someone who can seed a bittorrent of it.

And if I can fit my DVD quality capture of the Band Aid 20 video on the disc then I will do this too :up:

Alan

enajh2 said:
I believe it's the same program mentioned here...

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1915767#post1915767

Regarding the torrents, Dave said he was real busy with work but I just hope he isn't 'away' away and picks up his emails before the 7 days for the new uploads expires otherwise I'll have to upload them again! :sad: :lol:

No, I don't think it is - this was the show recorded to commemorate the original Band Aid.

"Band_Aid_20_Documentary_06-12-2004.wmv" 150Mb is ready! :yes:

VCD mpg is 584Mb

I can upload in about an hour from now and could do with a couple of mirrors too when I do :sexywink:

And remember, "look after the consonants and the vowels will take care of themselves"!! :edge: :D

"Band_Aid_20_Documentary_06-12-2004.wmv" (153965 KB)

http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9029086870DEE77289484953EB163D3E

"Band_Aid_20_Documentary_06-12-2004_mpg" (605649 KB)

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=C3FB791B1A2A3BF6113AC89BD801D6DB

I recommend using a download manager for both of these. When the program intercepts the link, generated by each of the above pages, you need to start downloading within a minute otherwise the link generated by the page will expire. At least this is what I've learnt while using Getright these last few weeks.

I really need someone to torrent these or upload another couple of copies of each. I certainly don't think I can upload an mpg of this size again after this next one....

"Band Aid - The Record That Rocked The World 20-11-2004 VCD_mpg" 598Mb

....which is coming next :wink:

on the brooklyn gig video, my comp doesn't seem to recognize mp4 files. do you know if there's something i can do, like change the file extension or even download something so that it'll work? thanks.

I recommend you install Apple's Quicktime or carry out the instructions using ffdshow that I posted in the Brooklyn gig video thread ;)

Alan

Thanks for this... I downloaded a copy of the mpg above, will upload to yousendit and post the link in the morning.

Thanks Alan! :bow:

I only saw the beginning, that guy from the Darkness is a :censored: :censored: :censored: The little bit of his rendition they showed was awful!

*runs off to watch*

Watched. Loved it.

That man is seriously just beautiful on the inside. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom