Bono On ARIA Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Just was watching the ARIA awards and was very suprised to see Bono come on the screen and paid tribute to Midnight oil for being put into the hall of fame... I It must of been filmed very recently. He said we will see you soon and then introduced silverchair.

Anyone else see this?

Last edited:
Hey Jeffo, I've posted about this over in PLEBA. I was hoping to get West Aussies to tape it! I managed to shove my dvd in at the last moment and got some of it.

I thought Bono's tribute was fantastic - what he said was so eloquent. And I loved that he said 'see you soon' :)

actually, smb has put it on you tube!:
but I am not allowed to post links here :(
so just add youtube.com in place of 3 dots

.../watch?v=qoBHsNeTN_8&NR

I remember a drunk old lady telling me last Christmas that I should give up on U2 because they're gonna break up soon and Bono will become a politician like Peter Garrett did.

jonnytakeawalk said:

I loved Bonos speech I nearly screamed when he came on. Ive always thought midnight oil were an aussie version of u2. The lead singer of my fave band praising my other fave band :drool:

:yes:

I wish more people would listen to the Oils & check them out. They were a great band, and INCREDIBLE live. Saw them in Los Angeles at least 3 times that I can remember. Once was a month after 9/11 at the HOB in Hollywood. :drool:

I don't know how to download videos from youtube (or if you can), but the 3 clips that were up have been removed. I sent a youtube message to the person who listed them to see if he/she has plans to re-upload them. Perhaps YouTube requested he take them down :shrug:

I saw them live here in San Diego in the 80's. I'd love to see this clip! Sure hope it turns up soon!

My two favorite bands U2 and Midnight Oil!!!!!
I would love to see the clip.

Jeffo17 said:
Just was watching the ARIA awards and was very suprised to see Bono come on the screen and paid tribute to Midnight oil for being put into the hall of fame... I It must of been filmed very recently. He said we will see you soon and then introduced silverchair.

Anyone else see this?

Noooooo....I can't believe I missed this :sad:

Sometimes Channel V (on Foxtel) airs a repeat....so fingers crossed.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well then what was drunk about it?:huh:

If U really look @ him, he looked loopy. It was actually funny. If U've seen Bono a little tipsy b4, U know what I mean.... LOL.

I uploaded it
Enjoy :)

you send it .com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E127D2D37608EEBF
add a www to that and delete the spaces

Lila64 said:

:yes:

I wish more people would listen to the Oils & check them out. They were a great band, and INCREDIBLE live. Saw them in Los Angeles at least 3 times that I can remember. Once was a month after 9/11 at the HOB in Hollywood. :drool:

:hyper: ANother Oils fan! :D

Lila .....i imagine their post-9-11 show was.....umm...EXTRA fierce!!!

i heard them on the radio around early-mid 80's.

"read about it" was one of the their songs first plaYED ON THE on NYC radio.

I saw them first by suprise....they were at the small central park bandshell performing during the > 82 Great Peace March re Nuke disarming theme/conferenceat the UN,,,,we had half a million or more marchers that day!

saw them 2 or 3 times more. the last being ....the 2 to last album tour?

how exciting for B to honor them ! :applaud:

what are your favorite songs>

def a fantastic LIVE band!

Back
Top Bottom