"Bono Needs To Lay Off!" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 05:37 AM
I just think that there are some idiots out in the world that have to criticize everyone famous. Then as U2 fans we read anything on the net about our 4 guys, and we find negative garbage about the band. This garbage really only expresses the "opinion" of a few people who really don't know anything about Bono, The Edge, Adam, or Larry. We mistake this garbage for a "globalized opinion", and we begin to believe it ourselves.

So in other words, don't believe everything you read. Critics will always criticize, but remember it's their own opinion.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

Old 02-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman:
I didn't mean to get you upset at your time of the month.
Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding, but this seems WAY out of line to me. Sexist even.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 01:37 AM
Quote:
I didn't mean to get you upset at your time of the month.
That comment was completly unnecessary. It doesn't even deserve a response, so I am not going to satisfy you by giving you one!!

Old 02-15-2002, 03:08 PM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

*sigh*
Old 02-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Lemonator... Thank you You are obviously inteligent and not quick to critisize, but what do you think? I just think its great to see the boys doing so well after being a fan over the 90's and listening to people pan the shit out of them. Over Zooropa and POP I mean. I just don't want them to make the same mistakes. Even Larry says that he gets pissed a Bono for doing so much. Its a matter of finding the "golden-means" or that equilibrium. Not too much and not too little.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:37 PM
Yeah I can imagine people sitting on their asses at home watching tv and seeing Bono on the news for doing something in hopes of making this world a better place saying "oh look at that asshole who does he think he is!".

I respect Bono for the fact that he isn't on the news because of an overdose or something, but because he is on the news for his tireless efforts and the charitable things he does.

Bono not dropping a dime? How would you know. Bono more often than other times has gone to the center of whats going wrong with this world, to try and see what can be done about.

I don't think it's fair for people who haven't done anything charitable to try and criticize people that do.

If this was the 80's I could understand a media backlash, back then it was all about greed is good. This is a new century, and we need more people like Bono, because for the most part the world is turning to shit.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #7
The Fly

Its people like you gherman, who get U2 into trouble. If people didn't criticize then there would be no backlash at U2. I guess everyone has an opinion and every asshole has to express it.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

[This message has been edited by Lemonator (edited 02-15-2002).]
Old 02-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #8
New Yorker

Sorry Lemonator I guess I got you all wrong
Old 02-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #9
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 10:37 PM
OH gawd! gherman that sick sexist comment was lame. You should learn how to respect people.

Old 02-15-2002, 03:29 PM   #10
New Yorker

God I realy didn't mean to put the band down. I just though that people would be more open and not take it so seriously. I guess next time I post something I better chose my words better. Just by that one post I've got people telling me I'm an asshole, I'm not a "real" U2 fan, and I even resorted to retaliation just so I don't go home feeling like I didn't defend myself.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:31 PM   #11
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

(posting same reply as in other thread):

gherman~

I had no problem with your initial post because I felt you stated your opinion without rippin' into people. But that "time of the month" comment was uncalled for in what you call your "retaliation".

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Old 02-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #12
The Fly

Local Time: 11:37 PM
nevermind, i was just repeating the same sentiments as bonochick.

[This message has been edited by babble (edited 02-15-2002).]
Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding, but this seems WAY out of line to me. Sexist even.
Sula, I agree with you 100%.. this comment has been driving me insane for ages. I have gotten that comment so many times -- how can men think they can just point the finger at the woman for being angry? It's retarded.
And as for the rest of the thread.. I agree with you Bonochick. Urgh.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video
Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #14
New Yorker

Yeah your right that was pretty dick. Sorry about that Spinninghead. If my girlfriend heard me say that then I probably would have no dick.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #15
Refugee

Okay Everyone. Let's stop the fighting. 'War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate". Gherman said that he wants to be educated, so let's educate him about why Bono's charity work is so important!!

I have already apoligized, and again, I am very sorry that I got on the defensive.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:37 PM   #16
Refugee

Quote:
Yeah your right that was pretty dick. Sorry about that Spinninghead. If my girlfriend heard me say that then I probably would have no dick.
That's alright I know that sometime's I can be a little abbrasive!

Old 02-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

gherman, you're not dating loreena bobbit, i hope.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #18
New Yorker

No, but I'm not willing to take the chance
Old 02-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #19
Banned

Now Let's see it's very logical and simple , and partially i'm agree ,
USA are overdozed by U2 stuff , tour was there , these endless dull boring useless speeches of Bono , 3rd leg which to my point was full of terrible mistakes ( flag-coat , some songs which were very 'political ' ) , endless apearings on national tv shows , presentations , sports breaks , at some point Bono just came too far with 'speeches ' , where rock'n'roll music can't be that connect , and bono turned every song into a '' prayer '' , making mistakes in many songs , while during Bullet , Bono was afraid to said a single word .....Bono should break up with a band and go into priest-political-prostitutes cause in late 2001,beginning of 2002 , he did those things .

A Statement : U2 should comeback from politics to real music .
Old 02-15-2002, 04:01 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
these endless dull boring useless speeches of Bono
I do not agree with this comment. I think that Bono makes these speeches because he wants the fans to be educated about what is going on in the world. Many people have joined organizations like 'Greenpeace' and 'Amnesty International' because of what they hear from Bono and U2.