Bono Narrates Elvis DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I'm taking a much needed break, but I thought I'd return to post this info. as I haven't seen it posted yet (my apologies if this has been discussed already - if so, please close this thread).

Bono is narrating a part on an Elvis Presley DVD. Here is the link and the story:

Elvis DVDs Track King's Rise To Fame

It's shaping up to be an Elvis Presley summer. The remix of "A Little Less Conversation" by Dutch DJ Junkie XL is No. 1 on the U.K. singles chart, and this week debuted at No. 50 on the Billboard Hot 100 to give the King his first charting hit on that tally since 1982. On Aug. 13, fans will be able to follow Presley's incredible rise to fame with the three-volume DVD collection, "Elvis: The Great Performances." The boxed set retails for $49.99; individual DVDs can be purchased for $19.99.

"Volume 1: Center Stage" includes Elvis' television debut on March 24, 1956 on the "Stage Show" and runs all the way through a performance of "Unchained Melody" from a 1977 TV special. Also featured is his first performance from "The Ed Sullivan Show," appearances on "The Steve Allen Show" and "The Milton Berle Show," Elvis' first (and long-lost) screen test for Paramount Pictures, and clips from the films "Love Me Tender," "Loving You," "King Creole," and "Jailhouse Rock."

"Volume 2: The Man and His Music" features clips from the specials "Aloha From Hawaii," "Elvis on Tour," and his famed 1968 "comeback" taping. The 1960 special "Welcome Home Elvis" celebrated his return from active duty in the Army, a period augmented by a clip from the film "GI Blues."

"Volume 3: From the Waist Up" is narrated by U2 frontman Bono and focuses on Elvis' earliest immersion into the music world. Eight appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" are included, as are a number of clips featuring such tracks as "That's All Right Mama" and "Mystery Train" set to rare footage.

All this activity is part of a year-long initiative by BMG Entertainment and RCA Records that centers on a one-disc retrospective of the artist's top hits -- akin to Capitol's Beatles retrospective, "1." The album, "ELV1S 30 Number One Hits," is set for a late October release on RCA. It will be the first time Presley's 30 No. 1 singles have been assembled on one CD. The new four-disc boxed set "Elvis: Today, Tomorrow & Forever" (RCA) debuted at No. 21 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart this week.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

P.S.: The song, "A Little Less Conversation" is one of my favorite Presley songs - even though it was never a big hit. This remix is awesome and I highly recommend it. It's great to see this fantastic song (which is also very tongue-in-cheek ;-)) finally get this type of recognition.

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:

*smooches* BC. Thank you :) :)

Sometimes I wonder if my news work is seen by anyone. (Not referencing DrWho because he does alot for the Forum - but for anyone who doesnt see all of the articles I post every day)

Thanks HelloAngel for the info.! :)

Hello all,

This may be old news BUT VH-1 actually showed volume 3 with Bono narrating last year! I remember this because I saw that episode. It's pretty good and you can obviously tell who the narrator was. So keep you eyes open and VH-1 might replay it again one of these days!!! :p :yes:

Tech said:
Hello all,

This may be old news BUT VH-1 actually showed volume 3 with Bono narrating last year! I remember this because I saw that episode. It's pretty good and you can obviously tell who the narrator was. So keep you eyes open and VH-1 might replay it again one of these days!!! :p :yes:

That's true...I was flippin' through, and I heard Bono's voice, so I taped most of it just for that reason (I like Elvis all right, but I'm not a huge fan).

I'll be an Elvis fan till my dying day. I remember some time ago setting the video up to record "From the Waist Up" and could not believe my lucky stars when it began and I heard who the narrator was:):D:)
It has some very great moments....such as :D Ed Sullivan's introduction..."Rhythm and rock, rhythm and colour, rhythm and blues...." and Elvis' performance of Peace In The Valley.

Back
Top Bottom