Bono/Lou Reed/Perfect Day/1997

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Does anyone know anything about this?

Apparently Bono and other musicians teamed up to sing this for some BBC thing.

Anyone know where I can an mp3 of this (and don't say new media 'cause I'm a mac user). I'm also looking for the video that went along with this song.

Any info about this song would be great.

:| duran duran's cover is better. :|

lou reed said so! :D

anyway, i'd say if you can't use newmedia, try someone's ftp site. loads of peeps here have ftp sites, and i'm sure one of them at least has the audio of it.

thanks

I hadn't heard about that duet popkid. I couldn't begin to describe how much I loved the transformer album when it came out, my and my school friend loved it.
and Perfect Day especailly:heart: so I may not find it either , but it's nice to know it happened. I think pianos are beautiful instruments, been enjoying it on Bowie's new album.
Always like good news:up:
oh hang on, just re read your post "other musicians" I had just got lou reed in mind. I wonder who was there?

You guys don't know about this song?!
Bono, David Bowie, Elton John, Ronan Keating, Lou Reed, and a whole bunch of others got together to record it. BOno is to die for in his few lines. Its definitely worth finding just for Bono's lines lol
I have the video and Bono features nicely.
I don't know where you'd find either popsicle. I havent seen them online anywhere. I recorded the video off Top of the POps when it was out and I think I must have downloaded the song originally off napster.
Try www.u2station.com, they sometimes have obscure tracks. Im sure it would be on Mark Freedman's UABRS.
Here's Bono from the clip.

Attachments

• bonob.jpg
    bonob.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 49
there are also different versions of this song. there is the original lou reed, one called the 'female version', the 'male version', the trainspotting soundtrack' version, and the best which is almost impossible to find anymore--the 'bono solo' version. if i can find it on my cdr's i'll put it on winmx. oh yes, i forgot, there was also a remix combo of the male female version i think it was called the 'joan armatrading' mix. i believe i have 2 or 3 versions up on winmx at the moment. just punch in 'perfect day', or bono 'perfect day'.

the videos of this song are long and annoying. and i don't particularly like the song (at least the remix ones I've heard with Bono in them).

:barf: :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom