Bono: lose the tinted shades and the hair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought he looked fine:huh:

All this is pretty trivial imo though............

U2girl said:
He insists on long hair, even though he couldn't do it 4 years ago. Get back to the BD/Electrical storm haircut.

That said, it's the stubble that makes him look old. Two words: shave, always.

I agree with every word in this post :up:

9dd22b4c.jpg

We may as well go the full PLEBA. Heres a pic of my favourite Bono hair.

Bono's Doll said:
You people 45 is not old. :eyebrow:

Oh yeah it is! I'm just amazed Bono was able to haul his ancient, decrepit ass up on stage without his pacemaker. I'll bet he was thanking his lucky stars for that couch to sit on - he would've surely collapsed otherwise. Let's face it - the man is just way, way too old for his own good. How in the hell does he keep ticking?

:wink:

FWIW, I thought Bono looked fine. He could probably use a good night's sleep, though. (Another Beautiful Day-hair supporter here! I loved that cut). [/pleba-ness] ;)

Last edited:
One things for sure, even if Bono does look 55 he can still pull the birds the lucky bugger!:wink:

U2girl said:
He insists on long hair, even though he couldn't do it 4 years ago. Get back to the BD/Electrical storm haircut.

That said, it's the stubble that makes him look old. Two words: shave, always.

I only shave every 4 or 5 days and my stubble looks great! Ahh there ya go, it suits some people and obviously not others, Bono!:wink:

:mad: FYI, when one colors their hair it is called "haircoloring " not dying. DYE is for Easter eggs and clothing!

Sorry for the rant but ,,, I'm a hair stylist and as a stylist it just bugs the crap out of me when ppl say DYE, get it straight people it's haircolor! lol

btw Bono looks fine but he does need a haircut and I'd be happy to do it!

I remain completely perplexed as to how on earth anyone can say Bono looks old when ADAM LOOKS ANCIENT. He looks waaay older than the other guys! It's Adam who needs to change his hair, grow it and dye it. Adam looks like an old man. Thank God Bono still tries to keep himself attractive. (and succeeds very well :drool: )

Who the :censored: cares?

I'd like to see how some of you bitching about Bono's appearance - or Adam's for that matter - are holding up physcially when you reach 45.

partygirl2u said:
U2Kitten said:
It's Adam who needs to change his hair, grow it and dye it.

Correct terminology "It's Adam who needs to change his hair, grow it and color it. :wink:

Correct terminology "It's Adam who needs to change his hair, grow it and colour it. :wink:

PS I actually disagree with the statment anyway. I like Adams hair the way it his. He could grow it 1cm but thats about it.

I know! I hope I hold up half as well as any of them, well...in a womanly way.
The transition from around 40 to around 45 or so is a scary one I'm finding as I approach that phase. Gravity starts being a major player dammit, and the sun really starts to take its toll. Hair issues get nasty; the texture changes the color changes all that even if you're lucking enough to not have thinning.
in short, it kinda just sucks all 'round!
Your metabolism goes to hell and you need to diet just to not gain weight...ah joy!
I just hope I don't get stubble meself!

ShellBeThere said:
I know! I hope I hold up half as well as any of them, well...in a womanly way.
The transition from around 40 to around 45 or so is a scary one I'm finding as I approach that phase. Gravity starts being a major player dammit, and the sun really starts to take its toll. Hair issues get nasty; the texture changes the color changes all that even if you're lucking enough to not have thinning.
in short, it kinda just sucks all 'round!
Your metabolism goes to hell and you need to diet just to not gain weight...ah joy!
I just hope I don't get stubble meself!

:lol: I'm approaching that window as well. I'm about to go on my first ever diet on Monday. Not to lose weight but to try and not put on weight.

PS Theres a typo in my previous post but Im downloading the show so my computer is to sloooooow for me to go back and edit my post.

beli, you hardly post anymore!!!

:wave:

And about the topic... I haven't read all the replies but I wish Bono would just lose the tinted glasses completely for a change! No shades either. It's time for an image change. He looks too boring.

Zootlesque said:
beli, you hardly post anymore!!!

:wave:

And about the topic... I haven't read all the replies but I wish Bono would just lose the tinted glasses completely for a change! No shades either. It's time for an image change. He looks too boring.

I'm back at work fulltime. :woe: I miss you though :hug:

Maybe Bonos image will change with the next album. This album is mainstream and so are their outfits. Actung Baby was a bit "out there" and so where their outfits. Maybe its time to make a jazz album.

beli said:

I don't own any Radiohead albums :uhoh:

I was thinking of 1960s jazz - the tight pants, the black skivvys, pointy shoes.

:lol: The real jazz!!! That's probably the kind they'll go for at this point in their careers... and not the neo-classical experimental jazz of Radiohead!

Zootlesque said:

:lol: The real jazz!!! That's probably the kind they'll go for at this point in their careers... and not the neo-classical experimental jazz of Radiohead!

I wasn't talking about the music! Just the fashion of jazz! U2 need to make a jazz album so their clothes and hair styles will change. It's all about the prettiness, baby!!1!

PS I do actually like Jazz music.

beli said:

I wasn't talking about the music! Just the fashion of jazz! U2 need to make a jazz album so their clothes and hair styles will change. It's all about the prettiness, baby!!1!

PS I do actually like Jazz music.

That would be a good look. There was a cool, jazzy vibe on much of the MDH soundtrack which I really liked. I wouldn't mind if they explored that further.

And Hi Beli! Isn't it awful being back at work?

Personally I think Bono looked really good last night. Hell that man could shave his head now and still look HOT to me! hehe. Really though as it was stated before "Bono is Bono". I like the length of his hair thought it looked the best it has in awhile. Wouldn't complain though if his "Beautiful Day" hair cut came back,:drool: . As for the glasses he could lose them as he really does have such pretty blue eyes. That has got to be one of his best features! Oh and Miro I keep forgetting to tell you that you looked great dancing with Bono! Honestly at first I thought a crazed fan had gotten up there,:whistle: . Sorry! hehe

Last edited:
I think Adam looks the best out of all of them now; he doesn't look young, but DAMN he looks good. Bono could lose the shades more often at shows, and keep on with the hairpiece/hair transplant/whatever he does to not look balding as much because without it I die.

ShellBeThere said:

I agree about the sean penn thing liveluvandbootlegmusic! At least that there's more of a resemblance lately...

I found the picture that made me think of Sean Penn...

photo38.jpg

As for the pic beli posted earlier, that is also my favorite Bono hair (color, length, and style).

biff said:

That would be a good look. There was a cool, jazzy vibe on much of the MDH soundtrack which I really liked. I wouldn't mind if they explored that further.

And Hi Beli! Isn't it awful being back at work?

Never Let Me Go :drool:

The could do jazz. They probably wont because its not likely to give them a Number 1 hit but they have the skills to do it. One day......

Hows youre return to work programme going? I've been late at least twice a week since I went back. lol

beli said:

Never Let Me Go :drool:

The could do jazz. They probably wont because its not likely to give them a Number 1 hit but they have the skills to do it. One day......

Hows youre return to work programme going? I've been late at least twice a week since I went back. lol

If you check out my "location", you will know how I feel about "Never Let Me Go".:drool:

I'm shocked that you've been late to work. You, a scientist!
Slacker!!

I, on the other hand, have become a fascist. I will tolerate no lateness, and yet my students (but only those I deem "worthy") still love and support me. The rest I will consign to hell (or at least to Continuing Education).:D

Back
Top Bottom