Bono Lip Synching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a picture of bono squinting versus one of his eyes open isn't really a comparison.
and honestly, there are pretty obvious wrinkles and lines in the recent pic - like the hairplugs, if what you say is true, he should get his money back for a job badly done!

Jon, let me clear something up here. I am NOT agreeing with you about the lip-synching. I acknowledge that the part of the song you were talking about was Bono's - but you were looking at the SCREEN, and there is always a delay between sound and picture on those giant screens. Period.

As for you talking about Bono's eyes and hair and all that rubbish. Some random guy's blog does not mean it's the truth.... and those pictures you claim as proof of eye surgery are just laughable. :lmao:

Why are you so obsessed with how they look? Do you have a bad body image and need to point out stuff about other people? Just curious.

Ok, here is my final statement on these subjects: 1. The Edge DID have hairplugss prior to the release of POP. Like everyone else who has this done, he regretted it because it looks terrible and thus wears the hat. Does this hairline look natural to you??? See photo.

By the way, so did Bono, a little later, and I am not the only one who thinks so http://kyality.blogspot.com/2008/01/hair-plugs-never-looked-so-good.html

2. Bono DID have his eyes done, and here is photographic evidence http://www.makemeheal.com/news/images/bono-plastic-surgery.jpg and

3. There was something suspicious about that performance I saw and I am not certain Bono was not miming that part of the song.

Thank you and good night.:wave:

this is so ridiculous and why is it being discussed here at all.. Have you seen recent pics of bono? apparently not. If he had eye surgery he surely needs his money back. Cuz he's got plenty of wrinkles on his face.

And so what some random person says on their blog makes it fact? give me a break.

hey guess what, here's a crazy thought: they all are getting old, they are almost 50 yrs old...even larry is starting to show his age.. yes, I did say larry folks.. :wink: They are actually human and not alien life forms you know believe it or not..

a picture of bono squinting versus one of his eyes open isn't really a comparison.
and honestly, there are pretty obvious wrinkles and lines in the recent pic - like the hairplugs, if what you say is true, he should get his money back for a job badly done!

I agree. This discussion is just :doh:
What does Bono apparently lip synching have to do with him having hair plugs or plastic sugery? I think from looking at him it's pretty obvious that he had nothing done.

I only brought this stuff up because I can't stand the whole hero worship thing. Trust me, I am a huge U2 fan and have been for many years. But I am past the posters on the wall, copying the hairdo, bumper sticker phase of my "fandom". I can't stand the way people who like bands think the band members themselves are anything more than human beings. More than almost anything, credibility is what I admire in music. I think U2 used to have it, but have gradually lost it over the years. The Edge's affair with the belly dancer, the vanity of the various cosmetic surgeries, the 'charity' efforts, the laziness and self doubt of lipsyncing... It all points to a downward spiral. And musically, let's face it, they have gone a little VH1 on us, don't you think?

That said, I will get my hands on (probably by bit torrent) anything and everything they put out in the future.

So that's that. No more. I promise.

I only brought this stuff up because I can't stand the whole hero worship thing. Trust me, I am a huge U2 fan and have been for many years. But I am past the posters on the wall, copying the hairdo, bumper sticker phase of my "fandom". I can't stand the way people who like bands think the band members themselves are anything more than human beings. More than almost anything, credibility is what I admire in music. I think U2 used to have it, but have gradually lost it over the years. The Edge's affair with the belly dancer, the vanity of the various cosmetic surgeries, the 'charity' efforts, the laziness and self doubt of lipsyncing... It all points to a downward spiral. And musically, let's face it, they have gone a little VH1 on us, don't you think?

That said, I will get my hands on (probably by bit torrent) anything and everything they put out in the future.

Well isn't making up shit and looking for dirt where there is none just as bad as hero worship? In fact it's probably worse...

No one who knows shit about anything would think Edge has hair plugs, no one... And how did he have an affair if he was divorced? Why are you such a gossip?

What's wrong with charity?

And you haven't proven any lip syncing!!!

Your posts are a downward spiral. Thank you for promising to spare us...

Well isn't making up shit and looking for dirt where there is none just as bad as hero worship? In fact it's probably worse...

No one who knows shit about anything would think Edge has hair plugs, no one... And how did he have an affair if he was divorced? Why are you such a gossip?

What's wrong with charity?

And you haven't proven any lip syncing!!!

Your posts are a downward spiral. Thank you for promising to spare us...

:up: agreed on evertyhing you said!
this is ridiculous :huh:

Jon said: It all points to a downward spiral. And musically, let's face it, they have gone a little VH1 on us, don't you think?

So Jon. Stop being a fan. Simple as that.

You have so many negative things to say that you won't miss them much anyway. What's the point. Just wait for the next "perfect" pop band to come along and knock yourself out.

And for the record, I don't think most people on here think that the band are anything more than human. Quite the contrary... they are very human, which is why it always amazes us that some people want to knock them down.

This thread needs to get back to the original topic and FYI speculating about the bands personal lives is not allowed here. No one knows what really goes on in their personal lives except for them and its not fair to assume otherwise.

Blah blah blah. I can't stand when fans enjoy things blah blah blah, I'll speculate on things I don't personally know about, blah blah blah, I think U2 sucks, blah blah blah, I will continue to listen to U2 but wont pay for it!! blah blah.

Quit being so full of yourself.

Blah blah blah. I can't stand when fans enjoy things blah blah blah, I'll speculate on things I don't personally know about, blah blah blah, I think U2 sucks, blah blah blah, I will continue to listen to U2 but wont pay for it!! blah blah.

Quit being so full of yourself.

Sicy has addressed this, so it would be nice if we could just move on, please.

So true, I don't have many post and I still feel like a stranger, here.

I don't think it matters how many posts one makes on the forum really... it's all about quality of the posts...

anyhow, welcome!

Back
Top Bottom