"Bono leaving U2?" on Boston news tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erin4618

The Fly
So I caught the teaser of, "And is Bono leaving U2? News on a possible new project for the singer," (paraphrased) on the 5:00 Boston news tonight, but I missed the actual full story. Did anyone hear the details?

I was sure it was crap, but I'm curious about what they were saying.

MrBrau1 said:
great minds think alike.

I remember, 9 years ago (I'm scarily good at remembering pointless things), my friend and i said something at the same time and he said ''Great minds think alike''. My dear mother retorted with ''Fools seldom differ''. :|

Just had to stick that in, so to speak. No offense to any of you! :)

Anyway, I remember reading this 'news' a few days back and being similarly unimpressed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately whoever originally reported the quote had no concept of Larry and Bono's individual attitudes towards the band - which ends up with 'U2 are spliiting up' type headlines.

Bono's been saying stuff like this for years - passenger-gate for example.

In fact didn't Larry and adam both resist the Achtung Baby change as well.

The Daily Mail's article just before Christmas was perhaps the biggest load of rubbish I've read about the band in years.

i love how that NME article has the image of U2 where they've resized everyone except Bono...

gareth brown said:
i love how that NME article has the image of U2 where they've resized everyone except Bono...

I noticed this too......Bono's head is much larger than his band mates. Maybe NME's way of saying. The B-man has a huge ego?

Anyway, a cheap trick to get readers.

I saw the actual report on 7 News here in Boston last night, and it was very much reported as a done deal, with the band "having played their last show" and that Bono was already gone off for charity work. They said "fans may not like this, but this is what we're hearing." Now we all know it's not true, but the fact that it was reported that way is just silly.

Maeve said:

I noticed this too......Bono's head is much larger than his band mates. Maybe NME's way of saying. The B-man has a huge ego?

Anyway, a cheap trick to get readers.

I don't know...some magazine's have used that image before i think.

what if they have planned there last show :| and that last show is the last show of this tour :|

MrBrau1 said:
Cheap headline ripped from this news:

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/21850

The nutty thing is, it's SO misleading.

Bono NEVER says he was close to quitting the band, like the articles say.

He says he thought he was gonna be kicked out, and we all know that Bono was mostly joking when he says this. I mean, yeah, probably partial truth, but not really serious.

He never SAYS he thought he'd have to quit over campaigning for the issue of ending extreme poverty (or "stupid" poverty, which is my FAVE way he explains it, :yes:) but the paraphrasing the reporters do before the exact quote is the exact OPPOSITE of what he says.

"stupid" reporting. :lol:

Ellay said:

The Daily Mail's article just before Christmas was perhaps the biggest load of rubbish I've read about the band in years.

That article made me laugh a LOT. That paper is a pile of crap and it'll be a weird day they actually write something sensible... Honestly, they're so narrow-minded and biased against anyone not perceived as 'normal'.

I totally got this image of Larry flipping a stick at him in outrage. Seriously. I have played in too many marching bands. We used to do crap like that when someone annoyed us. Big giant trombones prodding folks and whatnot.:p

I haven't seen this on any news here. Is it really that bad? Will the band have to make a statement saying this is false? Has it gotten to that point?

Back
Top Bottom