"Bono leaving U2?" on Boston news tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earnie Shavers said:
Hopefully they'll go to reality tv, INXS style, for a replacement. That's the way music should be made.

:lmao:

DubbalinGirl said:
I saw the actual report on 7 News here in Boston last night, and it was very much reported as a done deal, with the band "having played their last show" and that Bono was already gone off for charity work. They said "fans may not like this, but this is what we're hearing." Now we all know it's not true, but the fact that it was reported that way is just silly.

I wouldn't believe much that 7 news reports. They're pretty much a slightly better version of Hard Copy. Can you say stupid sensational headlines? EX - Bono Bolts, Livid Larry, etc

There is a magazine article posted somewhere where Bono says he wants to continue working for these guys - the same one where he says they want to let Larry run amok, Edge has some great ideas, etc. Didn't sound like he is leaving to me!

It was in a local newspaper today...it was an AP story from London though, so it's probably the exact same one that's circulating. From the sounds of it the B-man might have to make a statement, or people might start getting a little nervous...I will be real :sad: if they break up....I JUST SAW THEM IN CONCERT FOR THE FIRST TIME! ;)

Don't worry - they are not breaking up.

The media just twisted things, as usual.

The way Bono interviews, he's kind of tongue-in-cheek somtimes and some people just don't have a sense of humor enough to catch it.

I don't think Bono ever REALLY feared getting kicked out of the band . . . it's like when you say to someone, "I'm gonna kill you," you don't MEAN it. You are using words to convey an emotion that everyone understands by what you say.

Bono would never leave U2. He loves being a musician and Larry, Adam and Edge are some of his best friends. He wouldn't do that to them.

all that crap was also printed in one of my country's newspaper, they just wanna sell copies, that's all, it was just bono's humor, we all know thhe kinds of jokes and joke-like remarks he always makes

bonos said a few times that doing the politics full time would destroy him and that he needs the band. i think he said once that all he really wants to be, above all else, is the lead singer of u2 but his conscience won't let him leave the other stuff alone. (or something like that)
with that in mind i doubt bono would ever quit U2 to go full time into politics and i don't think the band would ever make him make a choice either.

either way, its spinning words to get a stupid attention grabbing headline

It's a laughable pile of nonsense, in other words. Well, that's my opinion anyway!

Mild and moderate, as always. :wink:

Last edited:
It was even mentioned in the new Entertainment Weekly:

u2ew.jpg

Adam was a cardboard cutout from 2000-2004 :ohmy:

I just read that in my Weekly World News, it's in print so I have to believe it

//sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom