bono kicks edge's guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linda_j_p

Babyface
I was watching the elevation tour boston DVD while I was doing my exercise on the treadmill and I got a real laugh out of the part during "until the end of the world" where bono keeps trying to kick edge's guitar.

I guess I like the little theatrics they simetimes do on stage during the songs.

I wonder if Bono had to talk Edge into letting him do that ... it can't be good for the poor guitar! :wink:

-Hey Edge, lemme kick your guitar during the bullfight!

-No Bono! That part of the guitar is made of alloys, the structures of which, would not endure incessent beatings from your foot. The integrity of the strings, and the velocity of which the impact occurs could cause a catastrophic incident.

-If you don't let me kick your guitar, you're off the band!

-You can't do that.

-Well....I'll let you win the bullfight.

-Deal. MR. THE EDGE WINS AGAIN!

:lol:

speaking of the bullfight...does bono or edge win randomly or does one of them always win, or does one win in one tour the other wins in the next tour. cos edge won in elevation, but i cant tell who wins in popmart.

As far as I know, The Edge always wins cos he's meant to be God/Jesus, while Bono's meant to be The Devil/Judas.
(I can't remember whether the fight was meant to be between God and The Devil or between Jesus and Judas. I think it's Jesus and Judas.)

its Jesus and Judas at the last supper. Edge plays Jesus so he wins because of the blief that good always ousts evil in the end. Even if in this case it has taken 2000 years

shame they didnt do it when they played uteotw on this tour.. but oh well..... they sort of did one during electric co at manchester if i remember correctly

i've read somewhere that Dallas was Bono's biggest opposition to the bullfight. they say that he couldn't even watch Bono murder the guitar. i can barely do it, too. its a $5,000 collector's item!

unosdostres14 said:

-No Bono! That part of the guitar is made of alloys, the structures of which, would not endure incessent beatings from your foot. The integrity of the strings, and the velocity of which the impact occurs could cause a catastrophic incident.

-You can't do that.

-Deal. MR. THE EDGE WINS AGAIN!

:lol: :up:

well, during the Elevation Tour, Edge used that gutiar for only 1 song (UTEOTW), and Dallas changes all the strings on all of Edge's guitars every night, so yeah.

You gotta admit ladies..the bullfight is sexy...Well it gets my jucies flowing anyway..:drool:

I'd hate to be that LP Goldtop during UTEOWT, especially on the Elevation tour.

The part where Bono grabs the strings and holds the mic up to the humbuckers (those big silver blocks) always makes me wince. Each string is being pulled drastically out of tune, any guitarists know what I'm talking about.

So yeah, Dallas's job isn't exactly a cakewalk. Although it does have its highlights. :wink:

unosdostres14 said:

-You can't do that.

-Deal. MR. THE EDGE WINS !

that is HILARIOUS! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom