Bono joke someone emailed me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Bono joke someone emailed me

indra said:

As you may have noticed from the replies in this thread, many people here apparently have little else to do so they know every single thread that has ever been posted on this board. It's quite charming, isn't it?

As for the joke...hey, I laughed. :)

ZOOM!

That's the sound of this thread going over your head Indra! :sexywink:

People aren't mocking "every single thread that has ever been posted". They are mocking the threads and questions that come up again and again and again and again and... did I say "again" yet?

Re: Re: Re: Bono joke someone emailed me

doctorwho said:

ZOOM!

That's the sound of this thread going over your head Indra! :sexywink:

People aren't mocking "every single thread that has ever been posted". They are mocking the threads and questions that come up again and again and again and again and... did I say "again" yet?

Yes dear, I understand what you are mocking. But in a community where not everyone has been here a long time or is an obsessive reader of threads it is the very nature of the beast that some questions, articles, or jokes will be asked or referenced over and over again. To the person who posted the thread the info is new even if it isn't to you.

Apparently you think it's cute to mock another fan because he or she hasn't read or heard everything you have and has the gall to ask a question. I should think that you certainly would find being mocked for being one of the "I'm so special because I know all the threads and questions which have come up on this board over and over again" types very funny too. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono joke someone emailed me

indra said:

Yes dear, I understand what you are mocking. But in a community where not everyone has been here a long time or is an obsessive reader of threads it is the very nature of the beast that some questions, articles, or jokes will be asked or referenced over and over again. To the person who posted the thread the info is new even if it isn't to you.

Apparently you think it's cute to mock another fan because he or she hasn't read or heard everything you have and has the gall to ask a question. I should think that you certainly would find being mocked for being one of the "I'm so special because I know all the threads and questions which have come up on this board over and over again" types very funny too. ;)

Well said

Honestly we get it, this joke has been told a number of times. Like Indra said though not everyone comes here everyday and reads every single thread like you guys do. There's no need to be rude about it

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono joke someone emailed me

indra said:

This joke is new to me :shrug:

BANO SUX!!!1

Oh, wait, we've stopped mocking posts now. Well done to whomever for killing the atmosphere.

yeah...dangit!

what the heck

"so do you guys think they'll play acrobat? i mean they played it at that soundcheck one time"

europop2005 said:

someone explain this one to me

Yeah, if I remember the hidden secrets of U2 songs correctly...

In Lemon, Larry says "I hate this song" at the beginning, and in Ultraviolet he drops his drumstick (you can hear it clearly if you pay attention).

And what happened to the fun-loving atmosphere in this thread? It died. :mad:

phillyfan26 said:
I heard people say U2 sounds like Coldplay! What do you guys think?

Chris Martin created the piano...and music in general. :cute:

Speed Of Sound was the first sound ever heard on this earth. Before that, all of life was silent and in black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom