Bono isn't a football fan! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2001, 09:18 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Bono isn't a football fan!

LOL, just listening to the Cleveland show (amazing quality - wow), and Bono says:

"I know - Baltimore stole the Bears and you stole them back"

Hahaha, it's the BROWNS! Cleveland used to be the Browns, they left in 1995 to Baltimore and are now back in Cleveland (w/ baltimore still around).

So, yeah, we know Bono didn't inspire the stuck video...he has no idea what he's talking about

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Old 10-23-2001, 09:19 AM   #2
Banned

I'm sure the world is in shock!!

Old 10-23-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:18 AM
Speaking of that, you know what bugs me Baker? I'm a Colts fan, and as we know the Colts left Baltimore for Indy in 1984. Well since then, Johnny Unitas and other old players and fans have denounced the Colts for leaving. Yet, those same people will cheer on the Ravens, who are no more than Cleveland's original Browns who also moved! Oh, he hypocrisy!
Old 10-23-2001, 12:17 PM   #4
War Child

Kitten: I know! Geez. Anyways, Colts are struggling. I don't like Mora, no emotion. We need to beat the Cheifs. I don't think coaching is the problem, just bad luck. I mean blocked kicks, fumbles, thats all bad luck. We could have won, should have. Edge has a great game (145 yards) and so did Manning. We need to get Pathon back! Reggie Wayne (the rookie) is someone I really like. Hopefullly manning will be more confident later on with him. Seriously, this next game is the turning point on our season. We had a short week, and if we can win, and our defense plays great - this will help us through are very hard schedule. GO COLTS!

Edgerrin (EDGE) rocks the NFL. He's the best. GO INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".
Old 10-23-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Speaking of that, you know what bugs me Baker? I'm a Colts fan, and as we know the Colts left Baltimore for Indy in 1984. Well since then, Johnny Unitas and other old players and fans have denounced the Colts for leaving. Yet, those same people will cheer on the Ravens, who are no more than Cleveland's original Browns who also moved! Oh, he hypocrisy!
Also, let's not forget that the Ravens' star middle linebacker tried to help a couple of friends get away with homicide, then complained about how he was the victim of the police investigation and media blitz.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:53 PM   #6
War Child

Let's not forget that Ray lewis was 100% innocent and is also the best LB to ever play in the NFL!!

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 04:41 PM   #7
War Child

Yeah, but he didn't committ any murder. Yeah, maybe he didn't know what to tell the Police, try being in that situation. It is very tough, you are dazed and confused. Imagine what he saw.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:56 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by baker6621:
Yeah, but he didn't committ any murder. Yeah, maybe he didn't know what to tell the Police, try being in that situation. It is very tough, you are dazed and confused. Imagine what he saw.
Yeah, poor OJ errr.. I mean Ray Lewis.

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck
Old 10-23-2001, 06:04 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:18 AM
BONO SUPPROTS THE HONDURAN SOCER TEAM!!!!!

LOL

(we have to beat mexico at mexico to go to the world cup)+-
Old 10-23-2001, 06:15 PM   #10
War Child

Honduras is good. Colombia is better!

My fav teams: Colombia and Ireland!

Old 10-23-2001, 06:15 PM   #11
I serve MacPhisto

*doesnt like football either, those who dont like it can feck aff cuz im not gonna waste my time arguing*

------------------

<--- #1 Ignored User!
<--- Doesnt care... LOL
Old 10-23-2001, 06:16 PM   #12
I Serve Larry's Stick

LOL! Yes, I was at the show! I thought that was pretty funny especially since I'm a Steelers fan...stupid brownies.

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights
Old 10-23-2001, 06:23 PM   #13
New Yorker

Soccer is where it's at, didn't you all know?

------------------
Zooropamanda:
U2's Official Aussie Fan
Old 10-23-2001, 06:36 PM   #14
Refugee

Lets face it, the only audience for american football is ...er... America! its not exactly a worldwide sport like football (soccer) is!

[This message has been edited by what a bomb! (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #15

Local Time: 06:18 PM
I love American Football..great sport but lets face it...what it comprises of is English rugby with colourful decorated body armour..likewise baseball can be viewed as rounders but I won't go there!!

*ducks for cover*

now if we can just get you guys into cricket!!!

Old 10-23-2001, 07:16 PM   #16
Refugee

I saw a great tea towel explaining cricket rules to a yank once! can't remember it all but went something like...

one side is in while the other is out,
when the side that is in is out, the side that is out is in...

Sorry its late at night, thats as far as I am going!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:55 PM   #17
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:

Edgerrin (EDGE) rocks the NFL. He's the best. GO INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 words: Marshal Faulk, he really IS the best.

Of course, Emmitt Smith is STILL around so don't count him out

Its too bad the Colts can't seem to beat the Patriots. They rip other teams new asses but they just choke to the Pats.

Bono is a big football fan. He is a big-time OU Sooner fan and as far as pro he loves the Cowboys

Old 10-24-2001, 03:41 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Let's not forget that Ray lewis was 100% innocent and is also the best LB to ever play in the NFL!!

Um, he did plead guilty to obstruction of justice, you know.

He is a great football player, but there are very good reasons not to like him.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:32 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone who 'loves the Cowboys' and doesn't know anything about other teams and doesn't keep up with the games is your typical un-football fan, a fake, a bandwagoner. I know, or shall I say knew, now that true to form they have all fallen off the bandwagon and hid their gear due to the Cowboys' recent sucking, who could only name 1 or 2 players and knew nothing of the games or the history. They only wanted to latch onto a winner and run their mouths. When there was nothing to brag on they shut up. I have noticed that whenever other teams lose, their fans are loyal, yet with Dallas the 'fans' seem to come and go out of the woodwork with the fortunes of the team. If you are actually in Texas, or one of the other .02% who are actually diehard faithful Cowboy fans of course you are an exception so don't flame me, but this has been proven over and over in my life so it's true. I have never seen or heard Bono profess to like the Cowboys. If any team, they have shown a fondness for the 49ers, the band of the 80's and the team of the 80's! Being Irish they really don't care about football.

Baker- COOL pic of Edge! I am really upset at the recent performance, I mean we know they can kick ass, we saw that early this year! They can do it! They need to get a fire lit under their butts and win the Super Bowl! GO COLTS!
Old 10-24-2001, 05:37 PM   #20
I serve MacPhisto

Dammnit U2Kitten
Don't mess with me because you know Boxers don't like cats/kittens! Bono loves the Cowboys because I said so and that settles it. He dosen't appreciate you calling him a bandwagon fan, and the 49ers suck!

(haha hehe)