Bono is NOT God!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought he just came here to play Jesus..? :scratch:

No one's quoted John Lennon yet....

I remember my parents made me get rid of my Beatles stuff when John Lennon came out with his remark. It would probably be worth a FORTUNE NOW MOTHER!!!

Bono's Doll said:
I remember my parents made me get rid of my Beatles stuff when John Lennon came out with his remark. It would probably be worth a FORTUNE NOW MOTHER!!!

Is that the "Beatles are bigger than Jesus" quote? I can't imagine Bono saying that (unnecessary John Lennon pun...:wink:).

Of course Bono is human, but we admire him because he "dreams out loud" and strives to be the absolute best person he can be. That's something to be at least admired for, but not worshipped, in a religious sense.

I think if he yelled at me, I would've been upset, not flattered. He apologized, and in the end, the whole thing was a very human moment.

I feel a song coming on...:wink:

This thread is cracking me up...to bad I have nothing further to add:crack: Well I do have one question, why does some ppl think Bono has a God complex? I do not see it.:slant:

The sooner we all realize we are not perfect or not any better than anyone else--the better off we all will be. I think Bono is a humble person--he tries to love more than hate & knows he is not perfect. He is my idol but I do not worship him.

If people regard Bono as God that might be a little much. But, I think we heard him say once that " the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
Bottom Line: God is a term often used loosely.

Obviously Bono doesn't actually think he's God. His real persona is very different from his stage one, I mean you couldn't live a life that famous without separating the two anyway. On stage he is LIKE God, because when you have that many people worshipping your every move it's understandable. I mean if he tells you to sing something, you sing it without question. But off-stage he doesn't come across that way to me at all.

there is gonna be drama here:love: I can feel it:love:

Bono is my God....I have a T-shirt that says so:wink:

Also apparently, we have John "Vladimir" Lennon and Jimmy Page couldn't play guitar and was actually the Beatles in disguise, God likes Hitler, hates the Pope and Bono is a prophet who has died about five times only to be ressurected :wink:

ZeroDude said:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, wait there's a simple explanation, Bono was drunk:wink:

Is this a joke or are there people who think Bono is a prophet?:|

"...Reportedly, signs and wonders accompanied this teaching, including unexplained shadows on the walls of the church that looked like a U and a 2 and the healing of several sinus infections. Dozens of souls were added to the movement..."

:lmao:....I'm hoping it's a joke...otherwise, it's making church service around here look pretty uneventful! :wink:

Last edited:
Also from the site, the enemies of Oscar Wilde:wink:

List of Enemies
Lord Byron
Sammy Sosa
Winston Churchill
Toulouse Lautrec
Kenny Loggins
Ambrose Bierce
the Marx Brothers (cheque received in 2002)
Led Zeppelin
Brian Peppers
the Dutch
Socrates
Ted "the Nooge" Nugent
Wild Oscar
Matt Damon
the Albatross
Steve Ballmer
Hugh Genius
Michal Kostecki
Carlos the Mean ("He knows why...." - Oscar Wilde)

From there timeline.......

1980 A.C. - Wilde founds the band Metallica.
:wink:

I don't think anyone is taking this thread seriously.

Bono is just as flawed as any of us, yet so many people TREAT him like a God. He's just an Irish guy who happens to make some cool music.

GibsonGirl said:

that can't be real :lmao:

Dake-Bonoists accept the plenary inspiration of the Protestant, King James Version Bible as authoritative and complete for matters of doctrine and discipline. They also accept two other primary sources of inspiration:

-the articles and notes authored by Rev. Dake, as contained in the Dake Annotated Reference Bible (commonly known as the Dake Study Bible); and
-the song lyrics penned by Bono for U2's studio albums.

I'm sorry but one of those seems slightly out of place :lol:

"Chick realized at that moment that Hewson (who later changed his name to Bono "Vox") was a prophet and dedicated his life to spreading the gospel of Dake-Bonoism through the publication of scary little comic books. "

:laugh: that is SO my religion now. bono and scary little comic books? PERFECT.

zootlesque, you are really really hot. and you have lots of posts. and you're hot.

Back
Top Bottom