Bono is NOT God!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that Bono isn't but Edge is :D

I don't know about this whole phone call thing, I have no idea what it's all about other than something about Bono "yelling" at him thinking he was talking on a cell phone. I do feel badly if the person's feelings were hurt. Obviously Bono has plenty of human moments and mistakes.

I do wish Bono would go around and yell at everyone who is really talking on a cell phone during a concert, I find it to be very rude and annoying. I like Bruce's comment that he was going to go out in the audience w/ a chainsaw if anyone's phone even rang.

To paraphrase Monty Python...

"Bono is not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!".

Agree with the original post 100%. Many fans really need to stop looking up to rock stars like Gods. I mean, it's one thing to admire them but to go to the extreme... :tsk: look what happened to Lennon!

I love the Mike Tyson quote... "I don't look up to anybody because I don't like them looking down on me" or something like that.

Bono isn't God....that's news to me.

And the cell phone thingy, I was at a show in 1987, 1987 where Bono chewed out some fans for whistling during Running To Stand Still. He apologized for that too, who cares? It's not like he goes around pushing people around and snubbing autograph seekers, it just means he's no different than you and I.

Bono isn't God...that's rich.

No, no, no..you got it all wrong: Larry is God. Lawerence Mullen...mmmm. Toasty. Hee.

Seriously. Who the heck thinks Bono's short little self is God? Now, personally, I've likened him to this big spacey lab that comes to the vet clinic I work at -- energetic, spastic, and hilariously funny, but not God (Although - and certain friends I know would kill me ifht ey knew this) I think that boy's got gorgeous blue eyes...get rid of the crappy glasses, mahn!

Zootlesque said:

I love the Mike Tyson quote... "I don't look up to anybody because I don't like them looking down on me" or something like that.

You can always count on Mike Tyson to be the voice of reason.

Chizip said:

You can always count on Mike Tyson to be the voice of reason.

:lol: I knew somebody would mock me for quoting Tyson of all people. :shame: :wink:

I just really like that quote and think it puts things in perspective when it comes to adulation.

Chizip said:
what people need to realize is that there are two Bono's

there is good Bono, and then there is evil Bono, who you might have seen in the Elevation video

i think it's clear that evil Bono kidnapped good Bono, and good Edge wasn't able to save good Bono in time for the show, so it was evil Bono performing and it was he who yelled at the fan.

so dont be mad at good Bono, he had nothing to do with it.

:giggle:

520f33db.jpg

75f23729.jpg

Zootlesque said:

:lol: I knew somebody would mock me for quoting Tyson of all people. :shame: :wink:

I just really like that quote and think it puts things in perspective when it comes to adulation.

More insightful Tyson quotes

[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him [Lennox Lewis]. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

Ellay said:
More insightful Tyson quotes

[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him [Lennox Lewis]. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

I blame Don King for those quotes not Tyson.

Tyson could've been one of the greatest, but that's another story...

U2mixer said:

Bono was quoted as saying that U2 becoming megastars was the day his life ended - and if you can understand that statement then you can also understand that Bono is merely a man and NOT a God.

Interesting. When and where was he quoted saying this?

Re: Re: Bono is NOT God!

biff said:

Interesting. When and where was he quoted saying this?

He mentioned it in recent interviews regarding their performance at Live Aid (1985).

Canadiens1160 said:
EXACTLY :) Someone give this person a medal.

I think Roger Waters might have something to say about this!
That is, if they're talking again ;)

But back to the thread...

Paul mcGuinness has just phoned me after getting irate phonecalls from obsessive fans demanding that some song titles be changed!

Bono Part II and If Bono will send his angels.

This is all true!

Swear to Bono - oops!

I agree with the original post. I still think Bono was a bit of an ass for lashing out at the fan like that, but I also get worried when I see people talking about physically abusing the man because he overreacted a little. It was a mistake and he apologised, move on! It's not like he hasn't done anything like this before.

And yeah, the people who think Bono is some sort of God are slightly disturbing.

GibsonGirl said:
I agree with the original post. I still think Bono was a bit of an ass for lashing out at the fan like that, but I also get worried when I see people talking about physically abusing the man because he overreacted a little. It was a mistake and he apologised, move on! It's not like he hasn't done anything like this before.

And yeah, the people who think Bono is some sort of God are slightly disturbing.

I think getting yelled at by Bono at a concert is no big deal and you're right...move on. BUT if he talked to me like that in a pub...I'd have to take him outside.

Zootlesque said:

I'd love to see a guy that dares to look Mike Tyson down :D

Back
Top Bottom