Bono is coming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Move in Mysterious Ways

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Bono is coming to my school December 4th!! This is pretty big news since we're just a little (2400 students) liberal arts college in Wheaton, IL. Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped!!!

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Bono is coming to my school December 4th!! This is pretty big news since we're just a little (2400 students) liberal arts college in Wheaton, IL. Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped!!!

Wow. That would be, uh, Wheaton College? Is this publicly announced anywhere?

FUCKIN HELL!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Man, my girlfriend's brother goes to college at Wheaton College, and we're all going up there on December 6th! Shit.........I wonder if pursuading them to go up 2 days earlier would be hard? Probably, considering they all have jobs. But this would probably be the best opportunity to meet Bono I'll ever get!!!! I must drive to Wheaton on the 4th, and meet my girlfriend and her family up there on the 6th. Problem #2: December 4th is my girlfriend's birthday, and I'll be dead if I miss it.....maybe all these conflicting circumstances is God's way of telling me that I'm not supposed to meet Bono. Shit!

Don't know if he's going anywhere else in Ohio, but for those who live here in Iowa, at www.atu2.com they have a news thing saying that Bono's coming to the Iowa Memorial Union in Iowa City a week from Monday.

I have a teacher that takes groups of Challenge kids (and kids that aren't in Challenge but still have an interest in certain things) to various things around the state, I wonder if she knows about this...and if she'd be willing to go (I'm sure she would)...and if I could go along with her...yeah...

*Note to self, mention this to said teacher on Monday when I get to school

Angela

They're allowing 1300 tickets (free!!!) for students -- all you need is a student I.D. Our chapel seats maybe 2500, so I'm not entirely sure who the other tickets are for. My sister's roommate, who doesn't go to Wheaton, tried to get tickets. She was told that she'd basically need to buy one off a wheaton student.
Apparently, he's going to sing (!!!!) too with a gospel choir that's coming with him. Ashley Judd (who, sadly, will be ridiculouly overshadowed by a rock legend) will also be there in support of the DATA tour. But here's the best part . . . this is an exerpt from the flier I recieved in the mail from College Union today:

"College Union is seeking interested students to prepare dinner for Bono at 5:00 on the 4th. If you would like to be considered, please submit a proposed meal plan (being sensitive to Bono's vegaterian preferences) along with a one-paragraph summary of why you should be selected for this honor . . ."

Talk about not believing the news today!!

What the hell are you talking about....:|.....tickets, Bono, schools........:der:...............

*crawls back to her black hole outside the reach of the world's news.....

ballykissangel said:
Vegetarian???? I didn't know Bono was a vegetarian.....

I know Larry's a vegetarian, but I've never heard Bono being one. I'm not complaining -- I'd love it if he were :D However, if he really IS a vegetarian, I'd guess he just started recently because there are many chapters in Flanagan's book that mention what Bono is eating -- which happens to be meat most of the time, plus I have also seen several Elevation era articles which mention what he is having for lunch, which is, again, something with meat.

Yes, I'm a loser. ;)

Wooo! I'm going to see him on Dec. 1 in Nebraska! A friend and I are driving all the way out there from Michigan!! I'm soooooo excited! Any other interferencers going to be at that one?

Scarletwine said:
Cool. Cincinnati Dec 6th.
*ok a 3 hr drive for tickets, then 3 back, then 3 down on the 6th then 3 back*

I'm in anybody else?

WHA?!? I've heard about Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois, since when is he gonna be in Cincinnati? That could be a definite possibility for me! GAH! MORE INFO PLEASE!!!!!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:
Are tickets still availiable for the Iowa one?

I hope so...I wanna suggest this to my teacher tomorrow and see if we can go there...that'd be so cool...

Angela

There were 4 tickets available yesterday at 11 am.

However, like I said above, check datadata.org -- they added a new one for Waterloo, and more dates for other states. Tickets aren't on sale yet, nor anything but the day is set, so don't worry.

Last edited:
elevatedmole said:

However, like I said above, check datadata.org -- they added a new one for Waterloo, and more dates for other states. Tickets aren't on sale yet, nor anything but the day is set, so don't worry.

Dang! Faraway, so close...... thanks for the link! Cincinnati wouldn't be too bad, but I don't think I could drive down for the tickets and drive down again for the appearance :(

bonosloveslave said:

Dang! Faraway, so close...... thanks for the link! Cincinnati wouldn't be too bad, but I don't think I could drive down for the tickets and drive down again for the appearance :(

There's no info on tickets. Don't give up yet. Keep checking the site for updates. Maybe there will be an online sale.

*fingers crossed*

Scarletwine said:

There's no info on tickets. Don't give up yet. Keep checking the site for updates. Maybe there will be an online sale.

*fingers crossed*

The online sales are so shitty! I had to pay over $100 for my ticket. :mad: The universities are handing out FREE tickets, four per person, and people hoard them so they can sell them on eBay and make profits, it's rather disgusting! Especially since this is for such a good cause, I mean, scapling concert tickets is one thing.......but this is about millions of people dying!

wow!!!! i just found out that i'm going to the lecture at wheaton college!!!!!! anyone else gonna be there????? that'd be cool if we could meet up

Dec 5 Indianapolis (1 hour away)
Dec 6 Cincinnati (2 hours away)
Dec 7 Louisville (2 hours away)

Anybody wanna do a roadtrip!!!!??????????

Need to know when tix are going to be available!!

Plus, Dec 6 is my birthday!!! Would be a great weekend!!

Okay, I talked to my teacher today, and I mentioned the Waterloo date (since that just was announced, like, this morning in this thread, so that in case the Iowa City one sells out, Waterloo's still an option), and she told me to find out more about that tonight-and she talked about maybe leaving after school December 3rd to go down there, so if possible...I might be going to Waterloo next week!!!! :D.

Just checked the DATAdata site, not much in the way of info on the time that the Waterloo one starts at and all that, but I'll check again tomorrow morning...ooh, now I'm happy!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom