Bono is a muppet!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACROB@T

I serve MacPhisto
From MTV UK:

BONO TURNS DOWN KYLIE

Kylie Minogue has revealed that Bono turned down the chance to
perform a duet on the ITV special 'An Audience With..., to be
screened this Saturday, October 6.

Kylie explained that although the U2 frontman is a self-confessed
Kylie fan, he told her that he'd love to join her for the show but was
tied up with the band's US tour and wouldn't be able to make it.

In his place, Kylie called upon the services of a muppet of another
kind
, Kermit The Frog, to duet with her on her 1989 smash,
'Especially For You'

Is Bono a muppet, does he have muppet features...is Kermie a better vocal substitute, sure he can't wail Sunday Bloody Sunday but maybe a gentle version of Grace with a medley of Espcially For You..cheeky sods!

they stole my thread

losers

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

my spelling and grammar is no example to set for the children of this place

Lisa: Dad, what's a muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet, but man... [laughs] So to answer your question I don't know.

------------------
Change is the only constant

People really need to lighten up. That phrase was likely seen as clever by the writer, although, admittedly, I think it is incredibly awkward. I would not see it as an insult at Bono, but, rather, an example of a well-meaning metaphor gone awry. I mean, news is composed so quickly. Connotations will sometimes not be as they are intended as a result.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

melon wrote:

People really need to lighten up

hmmmmm...melon the irony in your critism is astounding...at what point did you think I was so consumed about the article that it bothers me, I am very light at the moment..too light I think

I dunno. Now that I reread, I think I need a vacation. All the stress has gotten to me....

Carry on with your silliness.
tongue.gif

*Melon is bringing out Whortense

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

*Melon is bringing out Whortense

Lets break out the champagne guys...Melons alter-ego party animal is about to rock the house..

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
Lets break out the champagne guys...Melons alter-ego party animal is about to rock the house..

rockthehouse-cd1.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Lisa: Dad, what's a muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet, but man... [laughs] So to answer your question I don't know.

Get to my Simpsons thread right now.

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Back
Top Bottom