Bono interviews Dylan and Van Morrison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
http://www.interferenza.com/bcs/interw/84-jul8.htm

Can anyone verify that this is real? Very interesting. This appears at the bottom:

Conducted at the Slane Castle, Dublin, Ireland prior to Dylan's show. Both Bono and Van Morrison were later guests at the show, Van Morrison doing his usual It's All Over Now, Baby Blue and Bono joining Dylan on Blowin' In The Wind.

Published in the Irish music paper 'Hot Press'.
Reprinted in the bookleg 'Talkin' Bob Dylan ... (1984)'

Yes it happened, by the way during the show, Bono was invited to sing Knocking on Heavens Door with Dylan, but by the time he had to sing, Dylan had sung all the parts Bono knew, so Bono, very much in his style, improvised, singing new lyrics, even changing the key in wich the song was being played, its said that Dylan and his musicians looked at each other but keep on going, Bono was heavily critizised, specially by Van Morrison, Dylan when asked, said that for him it was ok.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Dylan? and Van Morrison? AND bono!!?
I hadn't heard of that event. beautiful
smile.gif

I just got back from my buddies b'day party
biggrin.gif
, I made a tape for her, Travelling Wilbury's on one side.The other I called sweet irish music..Bono and Friends. I warned her not to play side 2 till later it starts off sad, Van Morrison Healing Game songs, Sinead, Christy Moore's version of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, but it shall leave her in awe I think. Finished with Wyclef New Day and the What's Going On London version and I said please please let all this last song fit on the tape.And it did!! It finished with the last sigh of Big Girls Are Best. She is going to love it
smile.gif
I saw Bob Dylan with her in April this year and she came to the U2 concerts with me. So this is a cool timely thread, thanks.She loves Van big time, i Love U2 , we alllove Dylan...

wanna here something really funny....my dad was at that concert.

He said Bono came out and not everyone knew who he was and he starting changing lyrics and alot of ppl were pissed...what i would do to be there!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Back
Top Bottom