Bono in TO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ewe2

The Fly
For those of you who havent grabbed tickets yet for the big Concert For Toronto grab them now. A bunch of people waiting for the Stones at the Four Seasons spotted him down in Yorkville, an upscale trendy downtown Toronto neighbourhood. A couple local radio stations have reported sightings as well so I'd bank on the fact he'd perform with the Stones possibly, ala their Chicago club show back in October or September while he was in town for Oprah. I'm heading over to the venue right after work and hopefully he'll show up later tonight. Thought you'd all be interested. Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.ca just picked up 2 for myself after hearing the news.

Cheers!

I'm not there, but that is exciting news! :hyper: I can't wait for the pics and reports! Enjoy the show and come back and post about it and let us know what he sings! :wave:

*jealous* I hope people get to see him!!! :hyper: :wave:

If I didn't have Bruce tix this weekend I'd drive up, and get to see Mrs. Edge :sexywink:

Last edited:
As was mentioned by a fan earlier...how I would love to see U2 show up and play a small set including a new song from the new album...now that would be awesome, but that would be a far stretch from a band that just doesn't do that sort of thing.

Chris

I am not at the show....:rant: (see journal) but I did take a walk around yorkville and the hotel (site of my coffee w. Bono incident LOL!). What I found was a gaggle of AC/DC fans clutching freshly autographed memorabilia. No U2 fans that I could see.

If he really and truly is here, I shall spend tomorrow morning staking out hotels! Tonight, I'll just watch it all on TV.

Mrs. Edge said:
I am not at the show....:rant: (see journal) but I did take a walk around yorkville and the hotel (site of my coffee w. Bono incident LOL!). What I found was a gaggle of AC/DC fans clutching freshly autographed memorabilia. No U2 fans that I could see.

If he really and truly is here, I shall spend tomorrow morning staking out hotels! Tonight, I'll just watch it all on TV.

GO Jess go!!!! :hyper: :dance: :applaud: :bono: :flirt:

souLnation2002 said:

They threw waterbottles at him, lol. He had to dodge a few. Poor boy.

Omg I actually saw some fly past....the audience dont look too impressed with him lol... :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
Who in the hell thought booking Justin Tinkertoy for the same show as a bunch of rock acts was a good idea? Yeah, I'm sure he went over real well with all the AC/DC fans. :eyebrow: I'm surprised he's only getting water bottles thrown at him.

Justin, it's just me but I can't get my head around him, but he has enough people that love him. Loved the Guess Who, just brings back so many memories fun times and American Woman rocked. Rush was good and now....we'll see if any of the rumors materialize.

Last edited:
So like all I'm getting on the webcast is some AC/DC documentary...whassup with that??? I know the Stones are on now, I just saw a live report on CNN Headline News, where they are wildly speculating that Bono at least is in the house, they were also speculating about a surprise band after the Stones...

I don't know Pop Artist. I think it's crashing or something. I just got kicked off the cbc.ca web site, with notification of it having reached the maxium number of broadcast or some shit like that.
now it's saying AC/DC is coming up. Been there done that. I've been watching online since 5:30 pm central now I'm getting the clips. WTF. This may go down as the most broadcast show in history. online and other wise. Some network should have carried it here in the US. I'm getting interferred with again. Not with the interference web site..bye

Now I'm getting an interview with Mick - from Beverly Hills from whenever. but I can't see any footage from Toronto. so I think it's just something, Well I don't know what's happening. I'm afraid if I break the connection I won't get anything, is this part of the broadcast or what???

Just to keep you all "abreast"...

I was watching the AC/DC performance, and let's just say some of the women on the shoulders of their boyfriends were quite revealing. It's not everyday you see bare breasts on CBC Newsworld!! My, times are a changin'...

If any of you get Much More Music Canada in the US, it's carrying the entire event. I saw the breasts on there, too. :sexywink:

PS. The best performance of the night award goes to Sam Roberts, who is currently taking Canadian radio by storm. As one fan described his performance, "He went for it, man...he rocked out." Very true.

Last edited:
Ahh that explaines the disclaimer on the cbc.ca web site:
"There is a delay in the Webcast because the sound quality on the stage is not good enough for transmission, said Galipeau. It is "cleaned up" before being streamed to the worldwide
audience. CBC.ca has exclusive rights to one song per musical act." Yeah right.
Well. what ever. But, I still got kicked off. I've seen breast, I mean, I have them. Oh thank God they didn't show the breast or any of the rest of the show- I've yet to see. I thought this was the internet. I mean, really, I can enlarge my penis 20 times a day if I had one. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Well, unless something miraculous happens post-show, there was NO BONO. I am kind of relieved that I didn't miss it!

And wow. I've never seen so many bare breasts on national TV (even in prime time!) in my life! It's actually legal in Toronto if you're a woman to wander around topless....but who'd have thought the CBC would be so lecherous? :lmao:

I taped the CBC and the MMM versions...they each broadcast some different songs....I am still amazed that they didn't have a broadcast anywhere in the US though.

So this concert has already entered the Guinness Book of World records as largest concert...it's the largest in N. America, I think even the world in terms of numbers. And wow, that crowd was VAST. Those poor buggers who have to walk home now! I get to crawl into bed. :up:

Anyway...I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Last edited:
I'm back online delayed/ live, isn't that an oxymoron - and they just introduced the Stone's. Imagin that. it' edited so if anything you want to see. Its showing now..
Well, they were right. Only one song per artist. Well, there is certaintly more money to be made here. I Can't Get No Satisfaction, hey Mick, know how ya feel. So buy the DVD. next month(s).. Mick needs to retire, you know. Can this be the first of the censorship of the internet. If so they started in the wrong place. I'm not sure I like this. Better yet, I know I don't.

Last edited:
I heard at least three Stone's songs live on the radio broadcast. And also listened to Brother Down by Sam Roberts.

It was ok... I don't think I need to hype him up more than a certain someone already has.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom