Bono in Sarajevo today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivaSA

War Child
According to one of the local newspaper that covers Sarajevo Film Festival, Bono is supposed to visit Sarajevo today. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm gonna go to the festival venue, and I'll try to keep you updated.

More on Sarajevo Film Festival:
www.sff.ba

pictures!! :wink:

Reminds me off their great Popmart concert they gave there. :drool:

(yes bono's voice was ragged but it gave a extra dimension for me, i loved the last night on earth version).

Hey maybe they are going to do a few dates there :hmm:

He was apparently in Dubrovnik (Croatia) a few days ago so...let us know what you find out.

Clicked on the little British flag below in that site and it looks as if Bono arrived in Sarajevo today. There is a Pop-looking picture of him.

There he is:

060820010.jpg

And here's the article. Very cool! :up:

Bono Vox in Sarajevo

Bono Vox, lead singer of Irish rock band "U2", and great friend of Sarajevo and of the Sarajevo Film Festival, arrived in our city on Sunday, 20 August 2006.

Since the early 80s, "U2" has remained one of the world's most popular rock groups. They came together in 1976, and have since sold nearly 170 million albums. Their first album, "Boy", was published in 1980. After the release of the album "The Joshua Tree" in 1987, "U2" became one of the biggest rock bands in the world, boasting millions of fans as well as a favorable position in the eyes of music critics. "U2" has also won 22 Grammy Awards. Their most recent album, "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb", was released in 2004.

Bono Vox is well known for his humanitarian efforts. In 1999 he became actively involved in lobbying and campaigning to decrease foreign debt in third world countries and improve life in Africa. During his frequent journeys, he has met with politicians around the world, including U.S. President George W. Bush and British PM Tony Blair, whom he lobbied with to send help to the countries of the third world.

Bono Vox has been a friend of Sarajevo for many years now. Many remember that, in 1993, this renowned performer spent New Year’s Eve in the besieged city. What is more, Bono also owns a Bosnian passport.

In 1997, "U2" staged a concert in Sarajevo as part of their POPMART Tour, a concert that had been promised to the city in 1993. This is his second time at SFF

schnumi said:
Reminds me off their great Popmart concert they gave there. :drool:

:rockon:

"FUCK THE PAST , KISS THE FUTURE "

:drool: :drool: :drool:

One of most beautiful , hopeful , cool lines in history of rock'n roll

If I was from sarajevo , I couldn't have wanted listen a better line , and during that intro of Real Thing :drool:

So, it's not just Bono, Ali is here too!
Here's a pic from the red carpet, taken from TV. It's Ali and Bono meeting the director of the festival and his son.

BonoAli.jpg

Here's another one, I know they're poor quality but still, better than nothing...

BonoAli1.jpg

Also, they said on the TV that they're gonna do an interview with Bono tonight, I'm gonna record it and put try to put it online.

vivaSA said:
Here's another one, I know they're poor quality but still, better than nothing...

BonoAli1.jpg

Also, they said on the TV that they're gonna do an interview with Bono tonight, I'm gonna record it and put try to put it online.

Yeah thank you for posting this can't wait to see it.

vivaSA said:
According to one of the local newspaper that covers Sarajevo Film Festival, Bono is supposed to visit Sarajevo today. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm gonna go to the festival venue, and I'll try to keep you updated.

More on Sarajevo Film Festival:
www.sff.ba

is he looking for a better tax deal ?

schnumi said:

(yes bono's voice was ragged but it gave a extra dimension for me, i loved the last night on earth version).

Holy crap, the first time I listened to that boot, I had a sore throat...and listening to that show made it worse. On one of the "all I want is yoooooouuu"s in AIWIY, you absolutely feel the man's voice pop, and he goes into a Creed-esque sound. Painful!

theu2fly said:
Popmart haircut?

That's the first thing I noticed... and for whatever reason, I got really excited that he cut his hair.

I know its way too stupid (and probably PLEBAN of me, or anti-PLEBAN, I'm not sure), but in the past 10 years, the shorter Bono's hair has been, the most kick-ass U2 has been all around, for the most part.

Bono w/ a buzz cut and Castro hat = w00t!!

Back
Top Bottom