Bono in Paris today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Here he is for all of you who don't come to PLEBA! Our man in Paris visiting the French President and discussing his causes! Go Bono!

1024575836.2348916808.jpg

1024575568.2550218828.jpg

1024576236.3154214976.jpg

PARIS (AP) - Rock star Bono on Thursday urged French President Jacques Chirac to be "a champion for Africa" when he and other world leaders meet next week to discuss a new African development plan.

Chirac has "been in Africa more than any other politician," the U2 singer and activist said before meeting the French leader at his presidential Elysee Palace.

"He has a passion for Africa and I want to turn his passion into cash," Bono said.

France and other Group of Eight nations will discuss the new plan for Africa at a June 26-27 meeting in Canada. It offers a package of trade and aid help for Africa, coupled with assistance in ending civil wars and improving governance across the continent.

"We're looking for a champion for Africa for this year's G8 and next year in France," Bono said.

Chirac said he hoped for progress at the summit and pledged that "France will play its part."

The French leader said it was essential that industrial nations cancel or reduce debts owed by poor nations and improve development aid.

Angel said:
*Offers to be Bono's fashion consultant!

They've been discussing his outfit on PLEBA too. I think he's cool. He knows the media is going to say he is 'casually clad, unshaven' and his shirt tail is out and his socks don't match, but you know what? It draws attention to him. He stands out in a crowd. He's not just your typical stuffed shirt in a perfectly pressed matching suit. His outfits screams, 'LOOK at me! And while you're looking, how about LISTENING to me, I've got a few important things to say about this world!' :yes: He's better than your average bear!;)

Yes! I do agree! But in the name of fun.... you missed something in your little quite down below...

U2Kitten said:
His outfits screams, 'LOOK at me!

.... My KIDS dressed me!!!!! :lol:

Sorry.... I think he looks truly cute, but that tie... that shirt... oh my.... *wonders if he does it on purpose? haha

I think he DOES do it on purpose- that's why I said what I did. ;)

1024576091.2550186050.jpg

He really is awfully cute. You can see the geeky, awkward Bono of the Boy/October/War days in those pics. :lol:

hmmm, based on my business dress experience all the components of his outfit are terrific but they don't add up to much in this manifestation.

the untucked dress shirt, albeit a nice shirt, with a very nice tie screams of teen punk of the present day(ie blink, green day). i am aware bono is a 'free spirit' and his dress choices are made independantly but he looks like a bit of an idiot with the shirt untucked:p the tie is awesome. the shirt is awesome. the pants and jacket are nice. but together...they just don't add up for me. but hey bono can do whatever he wants to do. he's such a great guy of genuine and exceptional character:D

I LOVE his outfit. He looks rock star shabby chic. I run with an arty farty crowd and this is how they dress.

Last edited:
Angel said:
Yes! I do agree! But in the name of fun.... you missed something in your little quite down below...

.... My KIDS dressed me!!!!! :lol:

Sorry.... I think he looks truly cute, but that tie... that shirt... oh my.... *wonders if he does it on purpose? haha

LOL at "My kids dressed me" Actually I truly did Laugh Out Loud when I saw this picture. What an outfit! :D

chiracmeeting_4.jpg

oktobergirl said:

Thanks for the insight.

:lol:

let me clarify that the arty farty crowd i run with that dresses this way does so in a tj maxx designer-knock-off kind of way :D

Back
Top Bottom