Bono in LOTR Parody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
MORE ON FRENCH & SAUNDERS: LORD OF THE RINGS

IT'S THE LORD OF THE RINGS BUT NOT AS YOU KNOW IT - A BBC AMERICA U.S. PREMIERE

In this classic adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's literary masterpiece, a wide-eyed hobbit and an elderly Shakespearean actor - playing sage-like wizard Grandalf - embark on a quest for an Oscar. As the epic journey unfolds, Grandalf seeks to align himself with a mysterious sorcerer while the mischievous hobbit uses all his ingenuity (and a cunning Harry Potter disguise) to escape the murderous ringwraiths.

This special presentation features state-of-the-art optical disillusionment and goes behind the scenes to reveal how two incompetent Aussie prop makers (who featured in French & Saunders' merciless demolition of Titanic) struggle to provide stunning special effects. Also in the show, there's a chance to see Bono as he's never been seen before.

Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders are Britain's most famous comediennes. They have had their own BBC show since 1987 and have won numerous awards. At Montreux 2002, they received one of the most prestigious prizes of all: the Rose d'Or d'Honneur for their "unique contribution to television comedy." This accolade has only been awarded 10 times in the event's history and this was the first time it has ever been bestowed on women, confirming French & Saunders as one of the world's all-time great comedy double-acts.

This special comes two years since their last TV outing, after the girls took time off to pursue successful solo careers. No one escapes the French & Saunders treatment as their comic characters, spoofs and hilarious sketches poke fun at celebrities, the media and life in general. Past shows have included priceless lampoons of movies such as The Silence Of The Lambs, Thelma And Louise, Star Wars- The Phantom Menace and, of course, the historically inaccurate Titanic.

-----------

FYI, Jennifer Saunders is best known for being Edina Monsoon on "Absolutely Fabulous," and both are responsible for making the show what it is.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Melon

thanks for the good news...I LOVE their work!!

funny u should mention them...I have a book from the library this week "Laughtermakers- The story of TV Comedy" (british...is there any other kind?(just my humble opinion)
If anyone finds that book, go to page 39. I SO wanted that picture as my avatar for here...the detail would be lost unfortunately...so I've gone with dermott:heart:fatherted's friend )

I think Jennifer and Dawney ( I love it when lenny henry refers to her) will do a great job. Remember the line in ABFAB about "shooting Bob Geldof when she was aiming for BONO( they were referring to photography)..."u know Ireland..that green place!!":lmao: sorry I LOVE their work :lmao:
They are in the final chapter of the book"new wave" (it's an old book '89) the intro
"Alternative comedy is so called because it bars sexist and racist jokes and what it exponents regard as smug and middle class humour....It began with "the comic strip" and it's nucleus was 3 partnerships, OuterLimits (Richardson and Planer) 20th Century Coyote(Mayall and edmondson) and French & Saunders...."

oh i do go on...basically great news, especially about being the first women to receive the Rose D'Or Award:up: yo girls:hug: :bow: U earned that...the hard way, talent and hard work.
They will be gentle with Bono. I seem to recall they were dancing with a gobbledock in the Titanic spoof...the mind boogles, it's sure to be good.
We did Bono's "hobbit name " here once in a namegenerator. We seem to be related, the Hambutts and the Sandybanks.
"when you're down and troubled....you've got a mellon"
PEACE

they just take the mick out of the whole 'bonos tryin to save the world' thing. hes not in LOTR. we got 2 see it a year or so ago here in the UK :up:

I'm one of those mother's who has to go thru the whole list(3) of names for my kids

to get the right one.....bob, fred, leonardo...whoever you are!
<----------------that is Dougall. I think Dermott Lineham may have written the show, or in fact no one whatsoever with a name even starting with "D" is associated with Father Ted.:huh: worse than repetitive typos really...no much longer
FRODOVOX :eyebrow:
What day is TTT released?It will be our Christmas treat.woohooo

How can I serve YOU?

frodo_vox.jpg

DaveC said:
Yo, that's Bilbo, not Frodo.

:wave:

Phew! I found the original pict, which I made from... and it was FROOODOOOHHH! :p

Mert h?lye az?rt nem vagyok!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom