Bono in Clannad's In a Lifetime - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2001, 10:28 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:49 AM
Bono in Clannad's In a Lifetime

One of his best vocals ever? The topic was discussed here some time ago, I think Michael Griffiths started a thread about this song. Bono sounds amazing, his voice is powerful and hauting at the same time, much like the way he used to sing around the UF era. What are your thoughts?

------------------
Seu país é lindo. Seu povo é lindo. Suas vozes são lindas. Não esqueceremos vocês. - Bono - São Paulo - 01/31/1998

Old 11-11-2001, 10:30 AM   #2

Local Time: 07:49 PM
He does reach some gorgeous notes, I would agree its one of his purest and haunting vocals, certaintly sums up his Unforgettable Fire vocal style perfectly

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 11-11-2001).]

Old 11-11-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:49 AM
I agree. His voice on that song is incredible-and, just like the song, truly HAUNTING.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:36 PM   #4
Refugee

Great . It seems that I finally learned how to choose the right adjective, LOL, I mean I did some research before using the word haunting, is always so frustrating when I can´t find the right one.
In fact I like the voices of Bono and Maire together, a nice combination. I truly Like Clannad´s Macalla, there are some other good songs like Closer to Your Heart, Indoor, Journey´s End and some with irish/gaelic names I can´t even understand, LOL.

------------------
Seu país é lindo. Seu povo é lindo. Suas vozes são lindas. Não esqueceremos vocês. - Bono - São Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-11-2001).]
Old 11-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Yep, I agree, one of his strongest! Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??
Bono looks creepily similiar to that guy from the Police Academy films, the guy with the freaky voice, like crazy all over the place screechy and shit, I'm tellin ya, he's the spit of him! And every1 watchin it with me thought the same, it was like
Old 11-11-2001, 01:36 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
Yep, I agree, one of his strongest! Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??
Bono looks creepily similiar to that guy from the Police Academy films, the guy with the freaky voice, like crazy all over the place screechy and shit, I'm tellin ya, he's the spit of him! And every1 watchin it with me thought the same, it was like
ROTF LOL, i know which guy you mean. The one with the really annoying high voice, and he was screaming all the time, and he had this freaked out hairdo!

I must say, i didn't think of it that way myself. I know the song (didn't do much for me), and Bono's voice is kind of UF time, good as long as he doesn't scream.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono
Old 11-11-2001, 04:52 PM   #7
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy:
Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??
Nope, I haven´t. Btw, there is an interesting article in the book Three Chords and The Truth about the making of the video for In a Lifetime, with some bits of interview with Bono and Clannad. Check it out.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
I know the song (didn't do much for me), and Bono's voice is kind of UF time, good as long as he doesn't scream.
Are you serious? If there was a time when he could really "scream" was the UF era, if you know what I mean. The nicests screams I have ever heard.

------------------