Bono in Clannad's In a Lifetime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
One of his best vocals ever? The topic was discussed here some time ago, I think Michael Griffiths started a thread about this song. Bono sounds amazing, his voice is powerful and hauting at the same time, much like the way he used to sing around the UF era. What are your thoughts?

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

He does reach some gorgeous notes, I would agree its one of his purest and haunting vocals, certaintly sums up his Unforgettable Fire vocal style perfectly

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 11-11-2001).]

Great
smile.gif
. It seems that I finally learned how to choose the right adjective, LOL, I mean I did some research before using the word haunting, is always so frustrating when I can?t find the right one.
In fact I like the voices of Bono and Maire together, a nice combination. I truly Like Clannad?s Macalla, there are some other good songs like Closer to Your Heart, Indoor, Journey?s End and some with irish/gaelic names I can?t even understand, LOL.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-11-2001).]

Yep, I agree, one of his strongest! Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??
Bono looks creepily similiar to that guy from the Police Academy films, the guy with the freaky voice, like crazy all over the place screechy and shit, I'm tellin ya, he's the spit of him! And every1 watchin it with me thought the same, it was like
eek.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Yep, I agree, one of his strongest! Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??
Bono looks creepily similiar to that guy from the Police Academy films, the guy with the freaky voice, like crazy all over the place screechy and shit, I'm tellin ya, he's the spit of him! And every1 watchin it with me thought the same, it was like
eek.gif

ROTF LOL, i know which guy you mean. The one with the really annoying high voice, and he was screaming all the time, and he had this freaked out hairdo!

I must say, i didn't think of it that way myself. I know the song (didn't do much for me), and Bono's voice is kind of UF time, good as long as he doesn't scream.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Great great song, love it, but have you seen the video??

Nope, I haven?t. Btw, there is an interesting article in the book Three Chords and The Truth about the making of the video for In a Lifetime, with some bits of interview with Bono and Clannad. Check it out.

Originally posted by U2girl:
I know the song (didn't do much for me), and Bono's voice is kind of UF time, good as long as he doesn't scream.

Are you serious? If there was a time when he could really "scream" was the UF era, if you know what I mean. The nicests screams I have ever heard.
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom