Bono in Chicago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any word on Bono being in Chicago for the Oprah show? Is this show just about him without him being there or will she interview him in the studio? When a star is on it usually is listed as just that star. ex: Today's show: Susan Sarandon. When it lists the show about Bono it doesn't say that, it just says the show will be about him. Confused. Blue Room do you have any information?

Last edited:
Oprah tapes two shows a day on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know what the turnaround is for airing. I would think if Bono was coming into town or going to be on the show that they would make that crystal clear to boost ratings.

bearded morrison said:
I would think if Bono was coming into town or going to be on the show that they would make that crystal clear to boost ratings.

That would be my feeling as well. As much as I would like Bono to be in the same city as me...

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

That would be my feeling as well. As much as I would like Bono to be in the same city as me...

gina if this ends up being true, we have a job to do... :macdevil:

The show is on Friday, right? So they'll film it tommorow? Yay. Bono's in the States!!!

Ok, so who's gonna join me on tuesday

on youtwo.net it says that they will be taping the bono interview on tuesday morning at HARPO Studios in Chicago. So my plan is to go to the studios tomorrow morning and wait outside. If that doesn't work I think i'm going to try Bono's hotel. Guests on Oprah usually stay at the Omni Hotel. So does anyone know what time they usually tape the show???? Anyone else with more info please help us out here.....and anyone who wants to join me, i'd be glad to meet up.......

some more info

How long will the taping last?
Generally, the morning taping ENDS around 10:30 and the afternoon taping ENDS around 2:30. These times are subject to change.

i guess my plan is to go to the studios at around 9:30 and wait till after the taping to hopefully meet Bono....hope to see some of you guys there!

Re: some more info

U2One said:

i guess my plan is to go to the studios at around 9:30 and wait till after the taping to hopefully meet Bono....hope to see some of you guys there!

I'll be there. But I'd like to wait at the hotel, also.

*splits self into*

Ah, yes. That should work out quite nicely.

Savannah said:
Did anybody ever think- if he's taping first thing in the morning, he's got to be already there?! He must be at his hotel NOW!

Yep. Seriously thinking of going there now. Not sure what's stopping me. If anyone else is up for it, let me know. The madness can begin tonight. :happy: :crack: :happy:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Yep. Seriously thinking of going there now. Not sure what's stopping me. If anyone else is up for it, let me know. The madness can begin tonight. :happy: :crack: :happy:

Then go now!! You might even have a better chance than tommorrow! Go! :wave:

i'd love to go tonight, but i seriously need some time to do homework since i'm going to be stalking all day tomorrow......so are we sure that he'll be staying at the Omni hotel????

Gina, U2One, Screaming Flower ... it's causing me actual physical pain not to be able to hunt Bono down with you guys tonight and tomorrow. (By the way, U2One ... still waiting for you to post that photo you took of Bono on 10/16 ... ;) )

Anyway, the fact that I live in Madison and have a job is making me miss the Bono fun. Grrrrr! But I hope you guys meet him and have wonderful stories to tell us. Hell, even if you don't meet him, I hope you have wonderful stories to tell us. :)

So I'll just stay home tonight and keep MTV2 on in the hopes of seeing the ES video. Sigh. :sad: :rolleyes:

COME BACK AND SHARE THE LOVE!! :happy:

U2One said:
i'd love to go tonight, but i seriously need some time to do homework since i'm going to be stalking all day tomorrow......so are we sure that he'll be staying at the Omni hotel????

Well...no. That's just what I assumed. I went down there tonight and hung around outside for awhile, but there was no sign of the b-man. The hotel is really hard to just hang around at, since the lobby is tiny and any person entering or exiting will be noticed. So perhaps hanging out at the hotel isn't the best idea. Tomorrow's game plan, for me at least, is going to be to head over to the studio at around 9:30 or 10 and just stay there.

ehehehehehhe. This is so exciting!!!! :laugh:

guess what Hallelujah Here She Comes???? I think I saw you and talked to you outside the Omni......If that was you, I was the one in the black shirt who asked you if you were looking for Bono....anyway, I didn't have any luck either tonight.....hope we have better luck tomorrow......see you then!

mirrorball girl, sorry you can't make it out here....and i'm sooooooo SORRY about not posting the picture yet......i just keep putting it off, but i promise that i'll post it within the next week or two.

U2One said:
guess what Hallelujah Here She Comes???? I think I saw you and talked to you outside the Omni......If that was you, I was the one in the black shirt who asked you if you were looking for Bono....anyway, I didn't have any luck either tonight.....hope we have better luck tomorrow......see you then!

LMFAO!!! YOU WERE THERE???? HAHAHA!! :laugh:

But unless you were the homeless man that started harrassing me (;)), I actually wasn't the person you talked to. I didn't talk to anyone, actually. I just sort of hid in the shadows for fear of getting shooed away by the employees. :uhoh:

But that seriously cracks my ass up that you were there.

See you tomorrow!

Last edited:
You are all correct...Bono is in Chicago and he showed up at the Stones show last night at the Aragon Ballroom. He sang alongside Mick during "It's Only Rock and Roll" and a little bit of "Going to a Go Go". Black Suit...slicked back hair and shades. What else? Amazing...well worth my price for admission. Needless to say, I did a whole nights worth of screaming in about 4 minutes.

Oprah today! Woo hoo...wish I could attend, but work calls. If I was stalking him last night, which we were for awhile...I would have tried the Four Seasons where the Stones were staying or the Park Hyatt, where the boys stayed both times they came through Chicago on the ATYCLB tour. We also hit Buddy Guy's and Kingston Mines, but no sigtings. I'm sure he needed his sleep for the early taping.

All those milfs at the Oprah show today seeing Bono. Agghhh!

Back
Top Bottom