Bono: "I think there will be another record in 2006"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duckphan

Babyface
From the piece of the Rolling Stone interview on the front page. How cool would that be?! Do you guys think it would be all new or a lot of stuff they've partially developed already but didn't put on HTDAAB? Either way, that would be wicked!

I'm betting they will use quite a few of the 24 songs from the Bomb sessions plus a few older demos...maybe even Mercy will be included? ;)

i love u2 and i love bono, but even he would probably agree that he is the biggest bullshitter on the planet, 2007

Well they definitely have LOTS of leftover songs from ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
I could see them picking up the pace in the latter years, too.

rymyx said:
i love u2 and i love bono, but even he would probably agree that he is the biggest bullshitter on the planet, 2007

I agree. I won't be getting my hopes up. Anyway, i'd rather have them work on a new album for longer than have them release something that was just cast-offs and old sessions.

U2girl said:
Well they definitely have LOTS of leftover songs from ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
I could see them picking up the pace in the latter years, too.

I see Bono mentioned in the article that people shouldn't expect them to go on for ever, so perhaps they will pump out the material at an increased rate..I bet we see 2 albums before the decade is over.

Sleep Over Jack said:

I see Bono mentioned in the article that people shouldn't expect them to go on for ever, so perhaps they will pump out the material at an increased rate..I bet we see 2 albums before the decade is over.

that means we'll be getting a whole new wave of threads about when U2 will be calling it a day :(

yes i remember they said they wanted a quick follow up to atyclb too

and we all know how that went

I think so too, Sleep over Jack - 2 more albums till 2010 is duable.

The 90's Best of had 3 albums featured (2 Passengers songs and two ATYCLB songs) and the third Best of has only 1 for now (plus Elevation and Walk on, and maybe Ground beneath her feet and Stateless), and I don't think the band wants to be playing in, say, 20 years' time from now.

They have to think of Bono's voice, their families and Bono's outside U2 work.
Also I remember a bit from MTV Making of the video for Vertigo, where Larry said "if there was a way not to tour, he'd take it."

Last edited:
Chizip said:
yes i remember they said they wanted a quick follow up to atyclb too

and we all know how that went

*sigh*
All Bono said was he hoped fans wouldn't have to wait too long for a new album.
Also now, he says he thinks there could be a new album in 2006.

Nothing is set in stone.

I believe in 2006. Really. And i believe it will be their new Zooropa in some ways.

They'll have to start pumping out few album before 2010 or they'll have to re-release HTDAAB as their 2000-2010 greatest hits album.

Well, the band were saying in 2002 that a new album may come ouf of that material. All we got was Electrical Storm, though I'm not aruguing (please correct me if anything else came out of those sessions).

A new album that soon would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

HTDAAB songs came from those sessions. :confused:

I think Adam says in that article All because of you survived on the very first sessions right after Elevation tour.
Electrical Storm also came out quite early, as did Hands that built America.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
HTDAAB songs came from those sessions. :confused:

I think Adam says in that article All because of you survived on the very first sessions right after Elevation tour.
Electrical Storm also came out quite early, as did Hands that built America.

Yeah I remember when Clayton said that, something like "we have ten more poppy songs fairly complete" something like that...so if they didn't use those apart from ABOY, its a fair bet some could make a new quickly-completed album.

:yes: He said in 2002 they had "10 songs that will finish up somewhere because they're good".

Bono said: "Two years -- it's a song a month. There are twenty-four songs that came out of the sessions. Eleven of them are on the album."
Minus Mercy, Fast cars and Are you gonna wait forever = 10 songs from this album sessions alone and we don't know how many songs they had left from ATYCLB sessions.

Last edited:
I'm not counting on it, he said after the Elevation tour there'd be another album made quickly to 'feed off the energy of the tour' and it was 3 years before we saw it. But this does prove they have no plans of hanging it up after this tour!

And that is just the songs from the HTDAAB sessions...they must have a wealth to choose from I bet, if they can afford to release excellent songs like Flower Child and Smile on the Complete U2. Someone posted something on here about a song called "hymn to the universe" about how it was better than these recently-released demos, but they didn't reply when I asked how they'd heard this song.. ;)

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I'm not counting on it, he said after the Elevation tour there'd be another album made quickly to 'feed off the energy of the tour' and it was 3 years before we saw it. But this does prove they have no plans of hanging it up after this tour!

Maybe this time they will be determined not to let the momentum slip away :yes:

Back
Top Bottom