Bono -Helmet connection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
I was just reading an article about Helmet's new album, and was intrigued by the following quote from Page Hamilton (Helmet's singer/ guitarist/ songwriter):

"In the past few years, I've been fortunate enough to be able to sit in the company of people like Bono, David Bowie and [film composer] Elliot Goldenthal and I soaked up a lot of ideas from those people," says HAMILTON, illuminating the path that got him to make SIZE MATTERS. "It gave me the confidence in my own writing. You listen to those early HELMET records and you'll hear that 'anti-songwriter' vibe I had going around back then. I was using my voice as a rhythmic instrument, with less regard for the meaning of the words. Now I appreciate clarity."

Anyone know what he is referring to in spending time with Bono. How did i miss this? as you can see from by screen name i'm a fan of helmet, and was interested if there was any conncection there, or anyone knows what he is referring to?

i've heard page say in one other interview that he thought with how talented u2 are they should be setting the trends and not following them. it was around the time pop came out, and was kind of a shot at the style of music then. but that is all i ever heard him say, and it still sounded somewhat complimentary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom